Lazy snow removal with warm water? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any reason in the world to think hosing these down with hot water from the garage would make my life easier? Could I do it slowly enough to not shatter all the windows and sunroof?

IMG_8193 (1).jpeg

Hot and Cold does not go together. A friend of mine threw faucet water into his camry's windshield parked out in scorching Sun... Ended up getting a crack on his windshield from top to bottom in no time!

Apres park at the local bar.

Must be a California thing? Just clean off the snow with a snow brush or your hand. Maybe fire up the truck and let the heat generated help out.

Just wipe off the windows/windshield and blast outta there, you have a cruiser for a reason! Looks like Tahoe
Poor and lazy advice. Incredibly dangerous for anyone traveling behind you to be hit with several dozen pounds of wet snow/ice that can go through a windshield and people have been killed this way. Additionally, many states have laws against driving without clearing away snow and ice and will hold you liable for any damage or injury. Yes, you have a Cruiser for a reason, because you were intelligent enough to understand the many advantages of the vehicle over others, now use that same intellect to keep from injuring innocent travelers.

I just dealt with this last week. You'd be surprised how quickly you can clear that truck just with your forearm and some gloves. it slides off in massive pieces. i had my truck cleared enough in less than 5 minutes.

EAA42154-167A-44FD-A73F-CA266BAE84BF.jpeg

BA842E3C-910D-4592-950C-89EDF4C666DB.jpeg

Definitely just blasted out per @TahoeSlice. Then applied a bunch of manual labor but thanks for the humor. I'm from Idaho but still never saw 60 inches in two days. After blowing off 12 inches then another 10 later yesterday, and 21 this morning followed by another 10 this afternoon, I was for sure ready for happy hour.

8E6B87AD-F721-4347-A05D-C847C935BF8F.jpeg

63D9F21A-8D4F-41C0-AA3B-707B495D29F8.jpeg

Last edited:
I just dealt with this last week. You'd be surprised how quickly you can clear that truck just with your forearm and some gloves. it slides off in massive pieces. i had my truck cleared enough in less than 5 minutes.

View attachment 2568093
View attachment 2568094

Yes, dry, fluffy snow.

You get a good pile up of WET, Heavy snow like we had a couple of weeks ago and you won't wipe it off with your forearm if you aren't the HULK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom