Lazy snow removal with warm water? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As a native Coloradan: That is actually an impressive quantity of snow to accumulate on top of a car.
The forecast was for nearly 100” of snow this week but I don’t think it’ll get there.

The tech aspects of this are not unique to the 100 series, but:

Sweep the driver door. Get in. Start. Set heater and defroster on. Get out and sweep the remainder of the truck.

Next time: Park in the garage.

Edit: ever noticed that when there is snow on the truck and you open the door, some of the snow goes in and lands on the seat?

Last edited:
Thumbs down? For the record I wasn’t advocating for driving around with covered windows, lights, plate, and the mushroom top so commonly seen around here, yes I agree that’s dangerous and lazy. However as someone who’s dealt with this amount of snow many times now (Kirkwood regularly measures in feet not inches) it’s a real hassle to clear all that snow into your own driveway, where you then have to move it twice. Much easier to clear just enough to get in and be able to see forward, pull it into the street and clear the rest there (assuming it’s safe to do so). Usually a good deal comes off just from that little bit of momentum. I suppose I wasn’t clear about that part in my response. I just would rather let the snowplow do half the work.

Thumbs down? For the record I wasn’t advocating for driving around with covered windows, lights, plate, and the mushroom top so commonly seen around here, yes I agree that’s dangerous and lazy. However as someone who’s dealt with this amount of snow many times now (Kirkwood regularly measures in feet not inches) it’s a real hassle to clear all that snow into your own driveway, where you then have to move it twice. Much easier to clear just enough to get in and be able to see forward, pull it into the street and clear the rest there (assuming it’s safe to do so). Usually a good deal comes off just from that little bit of momentum. I suppose I wasn’t clear about that part in my response. I just would rather let the snowplow do half the work.
No thumbs down here. Normal rules just didn't apply at this volume. Say what you will about Californians (as I grew up doing), the only thing I found helpful (adhering to the laws of thermo) would have been to already make more money and have another garage.

Yesterday, just getting in (without two feet of snow on the front seat) required a shop broom and a shovel to the roof (at the expense of my concourse paint job lol). Turning on the various heat sources did nothing, though I did tunnel to clear the exhaust first. Anyway, this thread continues to amuse. Thanks for the help. Sorry for asking such a dumb question but we were in a survival situation!

Photo next door:

F0C3C929-D2DB-4F7E-B3C3-48BF3658EA31.jpeg

Last edited:
I drove an old Ford Expedition for two very hard winters.

Last edited:
It's not a flimsy Toyota, but:

(don't try this at home:D)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom