Latest part i had fun with, The Air Tube Assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After having ads up on the various 100 sites, I listed it as free just pay for shipping, no takers so I decided to have some fun, As some of You guys know I love cutting open parts that I takeoff my rig and today it was the air tube assembly with the silencing box. It was quite interesting to see the different cells that are in the box that controls the volume of air that goes to the various tubes and helps in quieting the engine. I will admit it was more enjoyable to cut open the muffler.

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

thanks for posting. the box that has the 3 tubes coming off of it, do you think that it's purpose is solely for noise cancellation, or does it serve some other purpose for vacuum, etc?

It's more than just about noise. But whether you notice or care is a subjective. Search "Helmholtz Resonator"

If only I'd known... Want one.
But attaboy! anyway. Wondered what was going on in there.
Anything fancy in the airtube where the boxes connect?

It's more than just about noise. But whether you notice or care is a subjective. Search "Helmholtz Resonator"

Didn't notice any noise change with the OEM Air tube gone,,, But when i did the Muffler delete wow, love it. Next, when i get round to it. the second little tuner muffler in the rear gets cut off.

IMG_2345.JPG

If anyone is curious and enjoys painful math, the Helmholtz equation is the starting point to derive optical field distributions in cylindrical waveguides, aka optical fibers.

Little bit of trivia to inject during those awkward silences.

If anyone is curious and enjoys painful math, the Helmholtz equation is the starting point to derive optical field distributions in cylindrical waveguides, aka optical fibers.

Little bit of trivia to inject during those awkward silences.
Hmmm

If only I'd known... Want one.
But attaboy! anyway. Wondered what was going on in there.
Anything fancy in the airtube where the boxes connect?
Likewise, I've been looking for one for months... I guess I was looking in the wrong place lol

Had to use the Tube for the """Sequoia""" because i wanted to keep the factory airbox and snorkel..... JUST UESD THE TUBE.
5.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom