Latest Oil Analysis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Houston, Texas for now - Romance, MO soon!
Sampled and sent to two different labs as a bit of an experiment. Valvoline MaxLife group III synthetic 5W-30 with a Napa Gold filter.

I wish now that I had waited longer to sample as the wear metals were so low, it is really difficult to draw any conclusions. I still have the oil in the Cruiser (sampled from a Fumoto valve) but I don't want to drop another $35 for the two analyses!

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002958

The UOA's look great,

How do you like the Fumoto valve? have you removed it after a drain and seen how much oil it does not drain? if so is it a significant amount?

I have been on the fence about getting one of those for a wile. I assume you have part # F103 that is recommended on their page?

I just put the valve in at the last change. I will yank it after draining during the next change to see if there is any additional hold-up due to the valve...I'll let you know. Should be doing a change in early November at about 6,000 (trying to decide if I should use my last pre-paid Oilguard analysis on a 6000 mile sample of this oil).

The main reason I got the valve was to allow sampling without draining. I wanted the option of being able to conveniently take a sample at 4 or 5000 and leave the oil in until I get my results. Being a chronic oil changer from way back, the valve allows me to ease into longer drains.

I have had poor results pulling up from the dipstick tube - too much additional tubing etc introducing possible contamination. We certainly don't need the valve due to inaccessability of the drain plug!

I got the F103 with the nipple. I cover the nipple with a vacuum plug to keep dirt out so I won't skew results.

OK - the chronic oil changer in me took over. I dumped the Valvoline at 4,500 miles.

The good news is I can tell you that once the Fumoto stopped dripping, I removed it and maybe another teaspoon of oil dripped out.

Looks like hold-up is not an issue in this application.

Anal me, I usually dump a half quart of rinse oil through after the old stuff stops dripping anyway. But it is good to know that the Fumoto does not change the amount drained vs normal plug removal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom