Late Notice Sunday Runday (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Sorry for the late notice but myself (Zac) and Justin just got some hall passes so we're going to head out towards Ocotillo tomorrow evening for a quick overnight, and do some wheeling/exploring/shooting on Sunday. Please feel free to join us if you can break away. The campsite gps coords are below, I won't be there until 6PM tomorrow evening, Justin should get there between 4 and 4:30. You could also meet us on Sunday. I'd say we'll hang around until 9AM or so before going to play. Nothing formal planned so we'll just play that ear based on who shows up.

We'll have HAM on 146.490. If you think you will make it let us know so we can be on the lookout.
Zac - sixfivezero-339-593nine
Justin - sixonenine-518-557seven

Camp Spot
32°46'41.1"N 116°01'42.0"W
32.778082, -116.028328

Here is the turn off from the road, just follow it around to the west side if the quarry!

32.768499,-116.023693

Jelly... 80 needs some attention, can't go.

I wish, but what would I tow it with. :p

Well it was a good overnight trip with some good exploring of some new trails, almost getting lost, but in the end having a blast making to the gas station on fumes!

20191006_093021.jpg

20191005_161344.jpg

20191006_113643.jpg

So fun! My favorite part was the Mortero wash area, taking non-marked trails and eventually finding our way out via another trail, no maps needed on this one! All-in about 50 miles of dirt.

Some more pics and vids, and maybe more if @Justsendit gets around to uploading the rest of his 😘

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it was also fun deciding after you know... sitting around camp for a while that a night run was needed. After going up and down some steep, soft sand hills I thought it would be hilarious to see if CRAWL would make it up. For about the first 10 minutes it was doing just fine, crawling literally inch by inch. Justin was sitting at the top so in my wisdom I got out of the truck to test the Tesla equivalent to the "summon" feature and meet the truck at the top haha... well... let's just say when I walked away the truck was still moving, but 5 minutes later after checking on it, it looked like this:

IMG_20191005_190909.jpg

After a quick snatch she was free, but not free of lots of tiny pebbles stuck between the rotor and dust shield! screeeeeech... no harm no foul though and after a few miles on the trail they all worked their way free. Moral of the story, when does anything good happen on night runs! Right @elripster!

Dat's funny!

Oh yeah, it was also fun deciding after you know... sitting around camp for a while that a night run was needed. After going up and down some steep, soft sand hills I thought it would be hilarious to see if CRAWL would make it up. For about the first 10 minutes it was doing just fine, crawling literally inch by inch. Justin was sitting at the top so in my wisdom I got out of the truck to test the Tesla equivalent to the "summon" feature and meet the truck at the top haha... well... let's just say when I walked away the truck was still moving, but 5 minutes later after checking on it, it looked like this:

I hope you were properly ghost ridin' the whip and crip walking next to it!

Crawl feature.....yum. Been thinking about something like that, just need to finish the 47 other mods I have in progress.

Last edited:
I hope you were properly ghost ridin' the whip and crip walking next to it!

Crawl feature.....yum. Been thinking about something like that, just need to finish the 47 other mods I have in progress.
Hahaha... You know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom