Late Model Wiper Linkage 75+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yzftaco

Goofy-Goober
Threads
I have been told by several people that changing out the windshield-wiper linkage is a real pain in the arse.

My question is: Are there any tips or tricks to doing this? I'm about to swap over all my goodies from my old frame, to a new frame I just bought..

I personally haven't had a chance to look at what I'm dealing with, but thought I'd get this thread going just in case..

Cheers,

don't know if 79+ is different but I haven't found it hard at all... in fact I'd say it's easy

the rubber seal/grommet where the arrm pivots go through the outer skin of the windshied may stick but otherwise no problems

again, my experience is 79+...

Getting the self-park feature aligned properly is a lot more time consuming that I thought. When you get to this part, be careful or you can ram your wiper arms into the hood or the wiper motor cover.

The FSM tells you to park the wipers with the blades vertical before starting, and this is a good idea. When the wipers are parked, the wiper linkage blocks access to the nut.

thanks guys! The clocking of the arms is a good thing to know.. (I don't have an fsm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom