Late model vacuum routing help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please help with the vacuum routing on the passenger side of my 11/79 fj40. I have successfully replaced and routed new vacuum tubing on the driver side , I'm now beginning to question if what I've done on the passenger side, specifically from the VCV valve is correct.

The attached picture shows what I have currently. The 3.5 mm has that is touching my fingers goes underneath the air cleaner and tees into one of the two 3.5mm lines, as shown in the second picture.

Any help is appreciated!

IMG_20191121_184146.jpg

IMG_20191121_185002.jpg

This thread is titled 1979 vacuum advance... it has a vacuum diagram (presumably 1979) in the first post.

This thread is titled 1979 vacuum advance... it has a vacuum diagram (presumably 1979) in the first post.

I appreciate the help, but I really need a pic of routing around the VCV valve. I've looked at about every diagram out there, they are all lacking in this area unfortunately.

Can someone please help with the vacuum routing on the passenger side of my 11/79 fj40. I have successfully replaced and routed new vacuum tubing on the driver side , I'm now beginning to question if what I've done on the passenger side, specifically from the VCV valve is correct.

The attached picture shows what I have currently. The 3.5 mm has that is touching my fingers goes underneath the air cleaner and tees into one of the two 3.5mm lines, as shown in the second picture.

Any help is appreciated!

View attachment 2139139

View attachment 2139150

That is the distributor evacuation system, that keeps (highly corrosive) ozone out of your distributor. It's dark, rainy and muddy here, or I would take a picture of mine for you. If you can wait another day, I will do that. Meanwhile, another valuable resource for you would be the Toyota "2F Engine Emission Control Repair Manual". It shows not only routing of all the vacuum lines, it gives troubleshooting routines for all of the related sub-systems. You can download this from here on Mud somewhere, but if you can't easily find it, send me a private message with your email address and I will send you a copy of mine. It's a 1.6 MB PDF file.

Everything you ever wanted to know is here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom