Late Model Steering Rack Superseded, Current P/N 44250-60100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered part # 44250-60100 from McGeorge for my LX, but just received an email stating that it is NOT compatible with the Lexus, only the Toyota. They advised part # 44250-60120 , saying it's Lexus only.

Can anyone confirm that the first part # I listed is in fact only for the LC and won't fit the LX?

I ordered part # 44250-60100 from McGeorge for my LX, but just received an email stating that it is NOT compatible with the Lexus, only the Toyota. They advised part # 44250-60120 , saying it's Lexus only.

Can anyone confirm that the first part # I listed is in fact only for the LC and won't fit the LX?

From a parts book perspective, what you've been told is absolutely correct.

I believe I've seen a few posts on 'mud, of people installing the non-VGRS rack into a VGRS equipped vehicle (due to cost difference between the two very similar parts). I believe the unit will physically fit, but I believe the ratios are slightly different, and don't know how that might affect VGRS/VSC. I may be overly cautious, but I'd pay a little extra to put the correct part in my LX.

Last edited:
I ordered this for my Lx as well and researched others had no issues running this part. Kind of hard to pay double for Lexus. I haven’t installed yet.

I ordered this for my Lx as well and researched others had no issues running this part. Kind of hard to pay double for Lexus. I haven’t installed yet.
Has anyone installed the 44250-60100 part into a VGSR LX470 yet? :)

Has anyone installed the 44250-60100 part into a VGSR LX470 yet? :)
I'm also curious about this. The bushings on my 07 lx470 rack are toast and needs replacing soon. Anyone have feedback on using toyota part on lx?

It will fit- but the LX rack is different somehow (it does not cross reference to the LC) and there is some question that long term use will negatively impact the VGRS actuator and cause it to fail- it’s anecdotal so proceed with caution- VGRS actuator is a $4,000 part.

Read symptom #4 in this thread and the outcome

It did it with mine when ordered from Serra of Decatur. It showed that it doesn’t fit but it was perfect and had the green mark on it, got it fitted without issues..Just make sure the part number is correct when ordered..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom