late 80 series head gasket and short block R & R purchase order/parts list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone got a purchase order for a full engine recondition including or not including the short block?

i am ordering parts from an out of state dealer i used to work for and have to fly on short notice up there due to a family emergency.

i was kind of hoping to get this guy a FULL LIST list so i could come back with a load of parts in checked luggage since it is discounted price wise.

i'm getting the short block 11101/69107 and i figure if i get basically everything i can sell what i don't use on mud at my cost plugs shipping.

i know this is a bit of a tricky topic for some people that think you should put this together yourself or it shouldn't be posted or it all depends but i am currently working though compiling a list so i just want to see what other folks have ordered for this job with part numbers (and pricing would be great) so i can cross reference.

i get that it depends on the level of work so please just supply on or off list what you did if you can and maybe i can speed up my order with this guy by comparing to what i have scribbled/cobbled together.

THANKS

ALSO, any non OEM parts needed? ricks bushing? an aftermarket canister of some kind? some kind of wits end coolant drain plug? other?

Shouldn’t a dealer be able to put this list together for you?

Shouldn’t a dealer be able to put this list together for you?
fortunately not. they seem to be able to determine rhere arr for different head gasket kits (an upper and lower) and they can order parts based on part numbers do the most part.
i'm really hoping for a prior purchase order (via message or here) so i can just cross reference with my pile of notes.

i think there rid one thread on here but everything i have seen is either incomplete or contradictory or has incorrect number or all three.

so really just hoping for an actual purchase order with part numbers. or a text format list that someone prepared with part numbers.

Your getting a cylinder head with that part number not a short block. Also most parts are 3-5 days out from California for me in Oregon. This list is for doing .5 oversized new pistons/rings, timing chain, rear main seal and other seals and gaskets, freeze plugs. Also new main bearings, rod bearing, rod bolts and main bolts, some use arp head studs. rods and main bearing are specific and labeled the number dictated on each bearing would be the last two digits after the part number.
rod bearing 13041-66031-03 quantity 6
Main bearings 11701-66031-04 quantity 7
Rod bolts 13265-66020 quantity 12
Main bolts 90910-02110 quantity 14
Thrust washer 11011-66020 quantity 1 set

FBE5D3FF-FCD0-4CBE-A628-8734619F3D99.png

63B67B2B-0831-41FD-BEAE-94823736F5DE.png

Also better have some bad a$$ luggage that head and parts are not light. My dealer will match online prices and I save in shipping, that might be a better call unless your discount is really good!

Check your numbers, 11101-69107 is for a 1FZFE head (not short block)

Short block assembly is NLA that’s no longer available! Also would weigh over 250lbs ask me how I know

BA7B6D9B-4914-4BB3-819D-2A8EA7172134.jpeg

Short blocks ARE still available.
My Toyota dealer tells me it says they are but there is no info on when they will be available? Please inform me I am miss informed!

Check your numbers, 11101-69107 is for a 1FZFE head (not short block)
sorry. thanks kernal. i guess i am going to put a couple parts on the shelf in case i need them. short block is like the whole engine except for one item that is included in a "long block"? i guess that was wishful thinking on my part as i would have just put a new one in and refurbed the old one when i had time i think.

Be sure you order the correct "block" if you do decide on it. There's a part that is just a bare Block which comes without the crank, pistons, rings, or bearings, and then there's a Short Block (see link above) which has all that installed (but not the head). A Long Block (not available) would have come with the head and all the valve train components already installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom