Late 1992 HDJ81 Front Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to freshen up the brakes on the Cruiser this week as my front pads are starting to look quite thin and the discs look like they are about ready for replacement as well. Am I correct in my assumption that my 12/1992 HDJ81 should have the same FRONT brake disks/pads as a USDM 1992 Cruiser? I'm well aware that the rears on these are a whole nother can of worms but they look good now so I'm kicking that can down the road.

Consider upgrade your existing front brake to later model 80 series brake which has larger diameter rotor, larger caliper. You will need to replace the calipers, rotors, and rotor backing plate. Bolt on =)

Yeah I guess that does seem like the thing to do. Thanks. Do I need the caliper bracket as well?

There is no bracket on the 80, bolt on spindle assembly. So you do not need that.

Yeah I guess that does seem like the thing to do. Thanks. Do I need the caliper bracket as well?

There is no bracket on the 80 series, bolt on spindle.
This should helps :)

Consider upgrade your existing front brake to later model 80 series brake which has larger diameter rotor, larger caliper. You will need to replace the calipers, rotors, and rotor backing plate. Bolt on =)

12/1992 build should be the later 80 series set-up. Change occurred world-wide in 8/1992.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom