Latch system, 2nd row. One side has it, one side doesnt... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, so new owner of a 2007 LC100 here. The 2nd row seating is odd. The driver's side portion has the 'latch' system, but the passenger side does not. I don't think Toyota would do this from the factory so I'm guessing it was a running change to the model during some year prior to 2007 and the previous owner replaced the passenger side assembly with one from a previous year. Anyone know what years had latch and what years didn't?

Thanks!

I believe LATCH started in 2001, and was always the “60% side” (driver/center) of the middle bench only (on US models).

Hey all, so new owner of a 2007 LC100 here. The 2nd row seating is odd. The driver's side portion has the 'latch' system, but the passenger side does not. I don't think Toyota would do this from the factory so I'm guessing it was a running change to the model during some year prior to 2007 and the previous owner replaced the passenger side assembly with one from a previous year. Anyone know what years had latch and what years didn't?

Thanks!
I believe mine is the same. I've seen it on other vehicles. I'm not sure what the regulation is on it, but it seems to allow a mix of LATCH and not.

My impression is also that LATCH is not necessarily better, just easier. 🤷

Yeah I've done it both ways and know I can install a traditional car seat without latch, because the car seat has its own belts. I've moved our car seats between old and new vehicles more times than I can count. However now we have a new booster seat and would feel best if the seat itself were held down so that the weight of the booster seat wouldn't be pushing against my child if we weren't in an accident.

And this booster seat needs to be on the passenger side because of the drop off and pick-up line at our school. They want the child entering and exiting on the passenger side which makes sense.

I'll make it happen; I'm sure the seat manual has instructions, just found it odd only one side had the latch setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom