Last weeks hurricane - My near miss (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after a day of wind and rain I thought we had fared well through the storm other than losing power which is why I have a generator. SO all was good or so I thought. We went to bed and other than the power being out no trees down or other major issues. Awoke the next morning made coffee as is the ritual around our house and then took a walk around the property and the neighbors. On my way back from next door I notice one of my oaks at a very weird angle. Still not 100% awake I walk over to it to see that it is angled toward the house and if not for another oak it would have hit the house. So now the trick was to get the tree on the ground safely. First thing I do is call my brother in law. He loves tree work and this was no one man job. Plus I needed more chains and shackles than I had on hand. So the plan was to pull the top away from the house and at the same time pull the bottom in the opposite way. So we hooked the winch from the 60 as high as we could get it safely in the tree. We then hooked the 80 to the bottom. First we cut the tree from the root ball so it could be pulled at the bottom. Once it was free we backed the 60 up and pulled forward with the 80. The 80 3x locked pulled until the end of the tree hit dirt and then dug all 4's into the drive way. the 60 continued to pull back and with the help of another oak lowered the blown over oak to land safely on the ground. We were very lucky that this tree did not hit our house. May not be so lucky in the future.
1 tree.jpg
2 tree.jpg
3 tree.jpg

pics..........
4 tree.jpg
positioning 60.jpg
positioning 80.jpg

more pics.....

Lockers work just fine :)
locks work 1.jpg
locks work 2.jpg
TREE DOWN 1.jpg

LIL man having fun now that the tree is grounded
A & LIL MAN.jpg

LIL man driving :) not really
lil man driving.jpg

Glad to see everything turned out well

Looking back on it now I can say yes a lil fun but until that tree was safely on the ground and not on the house my b#tt was puckered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom