Last minute Mt. Lemon run. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Sunday, the 17th.
Up the backside. Meet at the Oracle circle k at 7:30, pull out around 8ish.

Last edited:
You're taking 40 up the backside at 7:30 and pulling out around 8.

WOW! :flipoff2:

The gas pumps are really slow;)

Pizza and cookies at the top, you going?

Last edited:
This is another one of those Podunk family adventure cruises, last minute/spur of the moment things. We were first going for Chiva or Chimney Rock, but powers that be... thought it to be cool to go see the Lemmon, since none of us have visited the top of the mountain after the Aspen fire..

Next on my to do list is a run to Klondike (overnighter out of Mammoth, any interest?).

Ooooo Klondike... I haven't been up there in years and my brother keeps talking about going up the back way to Klondike. I'm interested.

Klondyke sounds really good!! I took the road out of mammoth once and came back the same way but have not gone all the way through.

keep me in the loop.....I might even try and get the 40 running by then!!

Keep us posted - I'll get my mucklucks and sled dogs ready.

Where do you camp?

Rocky

Keep us posted - I'll get my mucklucks and sled dogs ready.

Where do you camp?

Rocky

Lol, great day, we decided to go to Chimney rock..I was running back door to the group I was running with, an lo and behold, a blue 40 series pops up in my rear view (it was Chuck/ Rocky:cool: followed by a tricked out disco and a j**p). Robert, the head of our group, radio's back there is another batch of trucks coming out our way. I call him back and tell him I'll catch up, "I ran into a friend of mine back here"....Turns out the other batch of rigs is led by Jake/Trailbus and Cayce/A-mus-ed...Too cool..Small world..
I've got a few pics to post when I can get to a faster comp at work.
Cayce's buddy had an awsome 62 series with a 6hz turbo..

Nice running into you guys!:cheers:

As far as Klondike, who's got plans on Memorial day weekend? Maybe Sat, and Sunday?

Camp somewhere around Turkey creek..

Ya, it was sweet running into you guys out there. Mine was a short notice run, too. My cousin called me up yesterday and said he'd be in town and wanted to wheel. He's the one with the 62. He did a diesel conversion from a half-chop from Australia. It's a 12H-T, and he's got an H-55 behind it. He was nice enough to let me drive it - freaking amazing.

I'll be camping memorial weekend. Have fun.

Ya, it was sweet running into you guys out there. Mine was a short notice run, too. My cousin called me up yesterday and said he'd be in town and wanted to wheel. He's the one with the 62. He did a diesel conversion from a half-chop from Australia. It's a 12H-T, and he's got an H-55 behind it. He was nice enough to let me drive it - freaking amazing.

12H-T sorry I'm wiped and coated with a huge layer of dust..:D
(Cool rig...)

I'll be camping memorial weekend. Have fun.

Gila Wilderness?
The date isn't in ink yet..:meh: Just tosed it out there..Open for sugestions.

Just a couple of pics.
100_0668-2.jpg
Teaser clouds
100_0670-2.jpg
This hole was 10' deep 2 months ago
100_0671-2.jpg
100_0668-2.jpg
100_0670-2.jpg
100_0671-2.jpg

Spiderman.
100_0679-2.jpg

From this angle, it looks like one of the Easter Island heads:cool:
100_0679-2.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^All of my buddies call it INDIAN HEAD..makes way more sense than chimney rock:lol:

Awesome running into you guys...what a trip ya never see anyone on that trail and we happen to run into yall :lol: HIlarious!!! GOod to meet you Rocky and nice seeing ya John!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom