Last bad frame section (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my fj60 for 5 years. It has been great, but the frame is still rusting away. I have got the c channels installed purchased from #trailtailor 2 years ago. I have had the rear cross member for couple years, but I am finally installing it after painting. I am trying to welt the only bad frame rust professional as I can't get the rear frame clip from anyone. Here are the photos.
IMG_0508_final.png
IMG_3583.jpg
IMG_3584.jpg

My local guy asked for $75, but gave him $100. I need to grind down some weld beads

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

what kind of rust prevention are you adding while you're replacing the steel? Doesn't "look" like you did anything before adding the C channel kit?

Looks good. I’m working on one I just picked up in March had been sitting for years looks about the same , I had my mechanic make my C channel reinforcements 30 inches to get past the rust . Going to be a fun little toy for my dog when it’s finished .

When you're done, you need to apply a few cans of Fluid Film (or axle grease slathered on by hand) and check it yearly.

For 100$ welding that is a steal fix :clap:, looks very well!
The chassis is the perfect job to start if you dont have experience or if someone rather spend some money on a welder.

The rust is mostly at the bottom en when you move the grinder upwards it gets grip when halfway, that is about 3 to 4 mm original from factory.
I use some degreaser and then the good old lead paint and when that is dried after 12 hours some black tar spray (tectyl)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom