Lars has an itch... (3 Viewers)

I want to wheel at tuttle creek on...

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...to go wheeling.

Rescheduling due to life getting in the way..

What weekend can we get together up at tuttle? Pick a weekend that works for you and we'll decide, then we'll all back out again.:flipoff2:

I’m not even making mother’s day an option because I know I can’t make that weekend. I’m also out of town the weekend of june 9-10 and Asher’s picnic is June 16-17.

I know osagecruiser is out for may 19-20.

Both May dates should work for me.

I'm itching to get out now and I'd like to scratch that itch.

Perhaps we call it "Spring Rock Itch, Wheelin for the Cure"

Who wants to make the little rubber bracelets to support our cause? :D

Last edited:
sorry guys count me out....high school graduation the first choice...baseball tournament the second choice...and i am sure the 3rd choice is too close to ashers...not to mention jakes 40 is in about 300 pieces in the shop:D ....i am focused on getting his truck 100% for ashers....and jake is keeping me focused damn it!.....of coarse home repairs and modifications are tops right now...25 outta town guests headed this way for graduation....sooooo no wheeling til ashers

osagecruiser

I choose 26-27

If I decide to go to Razorback, I will probably come up for the day on Sunday, but if I decide not to go to AR, I will likely be able to get permission to stay for at least 2 days. Craig

The end of May is much better for me, Plus that will give me some time to work on the truck a little more *crosses fingers*.

Well, looks like the weekend of the 19th will work best for me, and it looks like I'm the only one.

If I'm the only one goin I'm not gonna go.

Doesn't sound like I'm gonna make it out there since its still going to be soupy. Driving two hours to get stuck doesn't sound all that fun :D .

I'm game for 26th or 2nd. My new sneakers are arriving tomorrow and I'll need to give them a test run to break them in. I'm not a fan of mud but based on the weather KS has been having I think it'll be unavoidable.

How high was the lake chris?

1098.74, normal is 1075. The Fancy Creek bottoms area is completely flooded, but you can see it is going down.

edit: that isn't a typo - I haven't been across the Hwy 16 bridge, but the water is bank to bank there from what I could see from the north.

... not a fan of mud but ...
I'm not a fan of mudbutt either :flipoff2:

What new tires did you get? What are you doing with your Kumho's?

Looking at the topo map 1099 puts the shoreline well past the mudflats and up a couple of the smaller creeks that branch out there. In all honesty I think not being able to use the mudflats is no big deal considering we (maybe I should speak for my self) spend most of the time in the hills anyway…we still should be able to access all the main trails the hills. I still want to go—if not to wheel then just to see the highwater…

I think it is safe to assume that most everyone that is able to go can make it on memorial weekend (26-28). I’m planning on being there from Saturday morning until Monday. My folks are planning on coming also as well as my bro Mike (that makes two yj’s we’ll get to heckle).

Post up if/when you plan on being there.

Lars: We’re hoping to hear from ya bud…hope all is well with your family. Anxiously waiting to see that new 40…

I'm not a fan of mudbutt either :flipoff2:

What new tires did you get? What are you doing with your Kumho's?

36" TSL/SXs

The Kumho's are my road tires for now. Once we figure out what we're doing as far as buying a house I'll prolly get a set of 315/16s or 35/17s for the street sice 4.88 gears blow with 33s.

I'm game for the 26th and/or the 27th but I probably won't hang for Monday.

Looking at the topo map 1099 puts the shoreline well past the mudflats and up a couple of the smaller creeks that branch out there. In all honesty I think not being able to use the mudflats is no big deal considering we (maybe I should speak for my self) spend most of the time in the hills anyway…we still should be able to access all the main trails the hills. I still want to go—if not to wheel then just to see the highwater…

I think it is safe to assume that most everyone that is able to go can make it on memorial weekend (26-28). I’m planning on being there from Saturday morning until Monday. My folks are planning on coming also as well as my bro Mike (that makes two yj’s we’ll get to heckle).

Post up if/when you plan on being there.

Lars: We’re hoping to hear from ya bud…hope all is well with your family. Anxiously waiting to see that new 40…
If there are going to be people heading out there I might head out too. Like Matt said, if nothing else we'll see the high water.

I can do this weekend or next weekend, I think.

:cheers:

Can't make it

I won't have time to get the diff gears broken in and all the other items like re-torquing every bolt on the 4Runner in time to make it memorial day weekend.

Guess I'm back to my original plan of having the maiden voyage be at the Ashers.

I'm soooo close. :D

Copied from Trail Krawlers page. Pictures as of 5/12/07 Tuttle Creek

DSC01062.jpg

Looking from access road, towards the entrance to Eagles

Couple of more pictures here
http://trailkrawlers4x4.theasplins....start=15&sid=1392834ce93a3dcae1168b2fde0b8403

I am assuming I should think about extending my diff. breathers soon then? :doh: . Would anyone be able to assist me in this process, along with removing some unwanted parts off my rig? No work required just want someone to yell at me and tell me what to do. :lol: Running boards and such, need to probably do some wrenching on the rig before I go. Had a fallin tree the other day rip into my paint pretty bad when I slid down a hill from lack of traction.

If anyone has some time this weekend to assist me I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to and what to remove, so tired of the rig looking soooo pretty :princess: . After the missing paint ordeal, I really don't care now. No more pretty dresses for her, its all about cut off jeans and a tank top! ;p

Jeremy

If anyone has some time this weekend to assist me I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to and what to remove, so tired of the rig looking soooo pretty :princess: . After the missing paint ordeal, I really don't care now. No more pretty dresses for her, its all about cut off jeans and a tank top! ;p

Jeremy

I'm sure I could help. Do you have the fittings? If not, order those today so they're here by the weekend, and pick up some fuel line for hose. I'm not familiar with what you need on the 80, but I'm sure it's similar to the tacoma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom