largest size tires for sucky 15" rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I had a sidewall give out yesterday, so Wifey is giving me permission to get new tires.....I have a 91, so I am stuck with the 15" rims, and cant afford to upgrade to a larger wheel at this point. No lift at this point, but hopefully there is somewhere in my future.....I have searched, but cannot find the largest tire that I can get on this rim. Can I still put at least 33's on it? That is what I am trying to find now, but cannot see this size anywhere...Help.

You should be able to find plenty of 33-12.50R15 tires around. They will fit and look good in your fenderwells.

Shop around and post pics when you get them mounted.

33's for sure. I would go for the 33x10.5's. Your wheel is 7" wide and 10.5's fit nicely. 12.5's are a real PITA to put on 7" wheels, but can be done.

OK, I had a sidewall give out yesterday, so Wifey is giving me permission to get new tires.....I have a 91, so I am stuck with the 15" rims, and cant afford to upgrade to a larger wheel at this point. No lift at this point, but hopefully there is somewhere in my future.....I have searched, but cannot find the largest tire that I can get on this rim. Can I still put at least 33's on it? That is what I am trying to find now, but cannot see this size anywhere...Help.

Your rim doesn't restrict height except for what a particular tire manufacturer produces for a 15....tons of sizes to choose from. You can fit 35's if you want with no scrubbing unless off roading.
Like said in a previous post...you can fit a 12.50 but it's a PITA to mount but you're not mounting so what do you have to worry about, right?

As far as 35's fitting you need to look at actual height of tire from manufacturer. Super Swamper tends to be a little taller for the same size tire so maybe a true 35 won't quite fit.

Thanks for the help Gents......I am looking at BF Goodrich 33 10.50 R15 for $153 each via Tirerack.com. I submitted a claim to Discount tire to see if they will honor that same price......Can't wait to get them on, and hopefully next year get a medium lift.

I've heard you can even get up to 35s with no lift, but you'd have some rubbing...

I scored a deal on a used 32" tire for $25. It's in nearly perfect condition too. I popped a sidewall in the shop (stupid 2-post lift) so I needed a new spare.

Most tire shops around here won't mount a 12.50 wide tire on a 7" rim for liability reasons. I run 33x10.50 ATs on my stock rims for street tires. AFAIK, BFG is the only mfg making a 33 in a 10.50 width.

You could also pick up a set of inexpensive 15x8 rims. That would allow for a 12.50 wide tire without issues.

I have been running a 33" on a 7" wide rim for 5k miles now with no issues shop didn't even question me about it and said its no problem. That is also what a bunch of people told me before I even got the tires is that no biggie. Unfortunately the truck came with 4runner rims 16x7 and I'll have to find some LC rims which I don't have the moola for right now though I have the spare tire rim which is in meh condition.

Im not sure you would be thrilled with a 3FE at 35" tires with no gear change. Im not being negative, its just that when I ran my previous 3FE with 33's , I liked it but could tell 35's would rob too much power away without any modifications to gearing, etc.

33's will be great and look good with the set up your running.

Thanks...I will save the 35's until my next tire change, and go with the 33 BF Goodrich's now....

If you ever get around to lifting it let me know, I have some spring compressors and everything else you need. You could even use my garage if you wanted. Bet we could bang it out in a couple of hours.

3FE powwa!

If you ever get around to lifting it let me know, I have some spring compressors and everything else you need. You could even use my garage if you wanted. Bet we could bang it out in a couple of hours.

3FE powwa!

Thanks for the offer...I may just take you up on that....someday. Unfortunately, it may be awhile...My son took over my 740i, and that is killing my pocketbook....

Here are some pics of the before and after....31" to 33"....I really like the looks of these tires, and they run so much smooooother than my old, old tires.
IMG_4525.jpg
IMG_4537.jpg
IMG_4532.jpg

33's, at least BFG MT KM2's on 10 inch rims will restrict you offroad with standard suspension, they will rub.:cheers:

Looks great. Fills the wheel-wells nicely and springs still appear to be holding up nicely. I have the same set-up on my 92 except twice as many miles so I added 1" spacers all around to the original springs. Seems like somewhere I read that the 91-92's came with stiffer springs than the 93's and up.

Too funny, my 92 has exactly twice the miles as well. Wish I had the 33's though, waiting for the tread on my current stock size tire to wear out. Nice tyres:cheers:

33's, at least BFG MT KM2's on 10 inch rims will restrict you offroad with standard suspension, they will rub.:cheers:

x2 My flares are cracked from the rubbing when my truck had 33's on 15x10 wheels. I swapped them out really fast after getting the truck.

Your new 33's look good!

Thanks, I am looking at a 1" body lift eventually as well....I like the looks of these, even without a lift. Big difference over my 31's. Definitly worth the money. Got them from Discount Tire, and they even removed my old spare tire, and mounted one of my old tires for free.....Pretty good service!

so not a reply but a question i have a 1994 chevy 2500k and the guy befoer me droped the rim size. he must of bent one of the rims cuz the 16 inch spare is on it. i got a 15 by 10 inch rim from my uncel the tiers on the other 3 rims are 33 /12.50R15 will these tiers fit on a 15 by 10 rim ?

so not a reply but a question i have a 1994 chevy 2500k and the guy befoer me droped the rim size. he must of bent one of the rims cuz the 16 inch spare is on it. i got a 15 by 10 inch rim from my uncel the tiers on the other 3 rims are 33 /12.50R15 will these tiers fit on a 15 by 10 rim ?
it is lifted if that matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom