Largest coil spacer made for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know Man-A-Fre makes a 1 inch but does anyone make a 2 inch? Im not going to stack spacers, thats just dumb and asking for trouble. But does anyone know of a 2 inch spacer out there?

Capocaccia said:
I know Man-A-Fre makes a 1 inch but does anyone make a 2 inch? Im not going to stack spacers, thats just dumb and asking for trouble. But does anyone know of a 2 inch spacer out there?

Nope.

You gotta go custom machining if you want a 2" spacer.

FZFillmore made some great 1.5" spacers that were machined to the actual shape and bolt specs. for the front springs.

One of the best purchases I've made for my rig.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

At one time Christo offered an adjustable spacer that went that far. FZJFillmore has made some 1.5 inch spacers.

Ok thanks guys. I PMed FZJFillmore about them. If you dont mind me asking, do you remember what you payed for them?

beno said:
One of the best purchases I've made for my rig.

Man, the $20 spot every time you say this is getting expensive for me . . . :flipoff2:

The ones I made could be (and have been) made to 2", however they're only for the front. I don't have any on hand and don't have any plans to make more. I've done two runs of a dozen each time and the last run was sloooow selling the last few. I think I charged $80 a set?

Capocaccia said:
Ok thanks guys. I PMed FZJFillmore about them. If you dont mind me asking, do you remember what you payed for them?

They were a limited run of spacers...first come, first serve sort of deal IIRC last summer.

I do not think he has any intention of making anymore...though maybe if enough people bug him, he might fab up some more....

IIRC $80 per pair.

I have read on several suppliers sites that they do not recommend a spacer greater than 30mm. For anything more than that, they generally recommend going to a longer spring.

The machined spacers were cool. I delievered a set for someone, and was tempted not to make the delivery :)

Simplest construction for a spacer - take the coil retainer bump stop thing out, trace it, plasma cut two pieces 1/4" steel, then cut a 3 or 4" tube and weld the spacers on top and bottom of tube. bolt in and you're done.

Yeah, having them machined in Al and then anodized etc is very bling, but they can be made a lot easier/cheaper if you have a plasma cutter & welder on hand.

Here's the one's we made locally a few years back. They were 1.5" and made of 2 x 0.75" to allow the sections to be put together with the bump stop etc.

As Walking Eagle stated, just pull out the bump stop and trace out the tear shape on paper and mark the necessary holes. There's your template, that's what I did to get the mechanical details necessary for getting the spacer machined (thanks David Q!).

http://www.george4wd.taskled.com/suspension.html

cheers,
george.

george_tlc said:
Yeah, having them machined in Al and then anodized etc is very bling

Do you have a spy camera at my house?..................:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom