Larger Front Brakes_Adaptibility-TUNDRA/SEQUOIA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eighteen11R

1811SAR
SILVER Star
Threads
I've looked around, so apologies in advance if I missed it, but I only saw a 200 Series write up WRT bolting on bigger Tundra/Sequoia brakes to improve stopping power when combined with larger wheel and tire packages.

I've read elsewhere that Tundra brakes will bolt up to 3rd Gen 4Runners... There is a 200 Series thread, I was unable to copy and paste herewith, on MUD showing a '14 Tundra front brake set bolting right onto a 200 LC.

Anyone in the Hundy realm upgraded in the past? Questions I asked of the 200 Series writer suggested he hadn't attempted but thought not.

Cheers mates,
G

The 1st gen (00-06) Tundra brakes that were sold around the same time that the 100 was released are inferior to the Land Cruiser's braking package. On top of that, they are completely different in design with the LC having a captive rotor assembly.

The Tundra brakes are an upgrade to the 4Runner as it is several thousand pounds lighter than the LC and are a similar = compatible design.

Buy some dba rotors and factory pads If you want an upgrade. I did that upgrade on my 99 4runner and it was good for it but the size of the sequoia components compared to the 4runner weren’t that much which allows me to confidently say that would not be an upgrade for an lc 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom