Large lot of LX450 specific parts on BAT - ends today.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all - apologies if this has already been posted/ mentioned - but if anyone is restoring an LX450 (or just wants to hoard parts, haha) - this auction ends in about 3 and a half hours.....

Auction is at $2600 now with one hour and 15 minutes left. FYI for the LX450 purists!

Probably get it cheaper or close to with list/discount pricing from dealer.

Some of those are NLA. At that point it becomes whatever the market will bear.

Like what the headlights and corner lamps? Even if NLA (which I don't see it in the desc), hard to justify and this is coming from a dude who hoards new parts.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Like what the headlights and corner lamps? Even if NLA (which I don't see it in the desc), hard to justify and this is coming from a dude who hoards new parts.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
The headlights, corner markers, and the grill are NLA. Sure you can just use land cruiser parts, but there's some purists out there. I didn't think it was that bad of a deal.

Agreed. For what was in the package deal, for a collector, this is a no brainer purchase.

I’ve spent way more for a lot less. :lol:

These parts were going to be included with a 37k mile triple locked lx450. I guess K.Watts separated them. The original buyer of these parts was a wise man(or woman). Makes me wonder why they sold the LX if they clearly meant to maintain it forever.

The headlights, corner markers, and the grill are NLA. Sure you can just use land cruiser parts, but there's some purists out there. I didn't think it was that bad of a deal.
I'm one of these so-called purists and would never use LC parts on the LX and vice versa. Headlights are doable in the used market and hard to mess these up. Grills can be refurbished and also easily sourced. The rest is meh/avail.

Now if we're talking about NEW/NOS assy cooler, trans rad, rear locker wire, ECU, fuel neck filler pipe, windshield, rear glass, transmission, steering wheel, sun visor, front door lock actuators, power antenna.. now we talkin' Apple Pay make my day.

Last edited:
I'm one of these so-called purists and would never use LC parts on the LX and vice versa. Headlights are doable in the used market and hard to mess these up. Grills can be refurbished and also easily sourced. The rest is meh/avail.

Now if we're talking about NEW/NOS assy cooler, trans rad, rear locker wire, ECU, fuel neck filler pipe, windshield, rear glass, transmission, steering wheel, sun visor, front door lock actuators, power antenna.. now we talkin' Apple Pay make my day.
Then this sale proves there's someone even pure-r than you out there!

Joking aside, nothing beats new OEM. And especially because they're exterior parts. There is no aftermarket option for LX headlights and grilles. and there likely never will be, as there is so little demand. Someone could make a grille, certainly. But glass LX headlights? let's see that.

Transmissions can be rebuilt. Sun visors and steering wheels reupholstered with rich Corinthian leather, Harnesses built from connectors and marine wire. ECU? yeah that's a must have. Power antenna and door actuators, those are gonna be tough ones too.
A spare windshield, that would be great. I brought one of the last LX450 windshields in the US last year. Wish I got two.

Then this sale proves there's someone even pure-r than you out there!

Joking aside, nothing beats new OEM. And especially because they're exterior parts. There is no aftermarket option for LX headlights and grilles. and there likely never will be, as there is so little demand. Someone could make a grille, certainly. But glass LX headlights? let's see that.

Transmissions can be rebuilt. Sun visors and steering wheels reupholstered with rich Corinthian leather, Harnesses built from connectors and marine wire. ECU? yeah that's a must have. Power antenna and door actuators, those are gonna be tough ones too.
A spare windshield, that would be great. I brought one of the last LX450 windshields in the US last year. Wish I got two.

We have the windshield thing in common. I bought one of the last AGCs not long ago.

Let's take stock here for shts n' giggs.
  • Factory 16×8″ Wheels Mounted with 315/75 BFGoodrich tires – Quantity 5 [Mine are sitting in storage]
  • Wheel Hub Nut Set – Part #90942-01077 [Storage]
  • Fuel Tank – Part #77001-69036 [Nope]
  • Front Grille – Part #53101-60170 [Nabbed a new one]
  • Right Headlamp Assembly – Part #81150-60830 [OG ones are still in excellent shape and now XPel'ed]
  • Left Headlamp Assembly – Part #81150-60650 [OG ones are still in excellent shape and now XPel'ed]
  • Lower Front Turn Signal Assembly – Part #81510-60362 – Quantity 2 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Left Clear Headlamp Corner Lens – Part #81620-60180 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Right Clear Headlamp Corner Lens – Part #81610-60200 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Left Tail Lamp Assembly – Part #81561-60240 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Right Tail Lamp Assembly – Part #81551-60320 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Left Rear Side Marker Assembly – Part #81760-60090 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Gauge Cluster Surround – Part #83134-60100 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Heater hoses – Part #99556-30100 – Quantity 4 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Accelerator Pedal Rod Assembly – Part #78120-60080 [Nope]
  • Exhaust Heat Shield – Part #17168-66020 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Exhaust Heat Shield – Part #17167-66040 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Spark plugs – Part #90919-01176 – Quantity 6 [Nabbed a new set, readily avail to stash]
  • Spark plug and Coil Wires – Part #90919-21557 [Nabbed a new set, readily avail to stash]
  • Distributor Cap – Part #19101-66010 [Nabbed a new distributor in whole]
  • Rotor – Part #19102-61240 [Ok] [Nabbed a new set, readily avail to stash]
  • Fuel Filter – Part #23300-69045 [Nabbed a new one, readily avail to stash]
  • Bolts – Part #90119-A0109 (Quantity 6) [OK]
  • Full Time 4WD Badge – Part #75431-60060 [Nope, current one fine]
  • Worn pedal covers [OK]
  • Right Mudguard subassembly – Part #76607-60190-E0 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Mudguard Subassembly – Part #76603-60021 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Mudguard Subassembly – Part #76604-60021 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Wheel Center Caps – Part #42603 – 60221 – Quantity 5 [Storage]
  • Differential Switch – Part #84725-60040 [Nabbed a new one]
  • Accelerator Cable – Part #78180-60280 [Nabbed a new one]
  • Front Emblem – Part #75311-60110 [These come with new grill]
  • Bumperette – Part #52152-60240 [Nabbed a new set]
  • Water Bypass Hose – Part #16267-66020 [Nabbed a new one]
I would competitively bid for even a Toyota refurbed transmission (NLA'ed 2-3 years ago) let alone a new one. ATM, I'd also pay up for a new OEM steering wheel, rear locker wire harness, the power antenna unit and front door lock actuators.

My point is, the 80 is way more want than need, thus why these BaT type posts entertain me so. This one, however, is pure disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom