LANDTANK - SUPERCHARGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@landtank - would you be able to spec and add this as an "option" to purchase (along with the steps) for those (like myself) who own a 93-94. We would account for this in a build and in addition to the other parts needed.

I know you are knee deep in this, but it would further the appeal to us OBD1 folks who are watching (there is a good amount of 93-94 1FZ rigs imported as well). A glimmer of hope!

Thanks Rick
🙏🙏🙏

Looking forward to the end product. Very cool endeavour.

For all the OBD1 guys, you can swap to OBD2 if R’s / @landtank ‘s new setup is supposed to only go OBD2.

IIRC, the worst was the drill/thread the block -for a 2nd temp tap for a ECU sensor.

Just saying, nothing is impossible if you have the DOHC I-6 80.

:meh:

Maybe no new ideas but hopefully better execution.

Seems mostly vastly more expensive execution with solutions looking for problems.

This OTOH...subscribed.

I was hoping to show some progress a month ago but the parts came in made wrong. What I have to show you here is the finished tensioner assembly.

the tensioner used is a sealed unit with a bolt extended out the back and mounts to the bracket with a serrated flange nut.

The idler is a machined steel piece with a HD bearing. Upon ordering and receiving the part I realized that it required a shouldered bolt. I figured the best place to start my search for that would be to find the idlers application. To my surprise it was a 2004 GX470. So the bolt and ldler cap are Toyota parts.

IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

As of right now the compressor mount is undergoing some revisions, the water bypass pipe has been mocked up and at the fabricators as well as the exit pipe that bolts to the compressor mount and directs the air flow to the extension tube on the intake.

Once these are returned tested and confirmed correct I need to design the extension tube, throttle body mount and vacuum pipe for the brake booster.

Now once those items are completed and confirmed correct I will have a whipple blown SC on my truck.

But nobody will be interested in paying my guy to buy a 600.00 chunk of aluminum and spend a week machining out a compressor mount. So casting the mounts and throttle adapters is going to have to happen if I'm going to release it as a kit. I've already started searching for a local shop and as soon as I can the mount will go out for that purpose.

I mention all of this so you all can get an idea of what it takes to put something like this together. I'll post up when I have something to show.

a little update. One of the things I wanted to supply was a tensioner release tool. There really isn't a lot of space to work especially if you are running my orange fan clutch. the blades are really close to the head of the tensioner pulley.

Problem solved, I found a long reach 0 offset box wrench in a 14/15mm size from a company called Capri. I just tried it a moment ago and the 15mm side slides right over the pulley bolt and fits between the pulley and fan blade for easy use. Because my idler post is fixed position this wrench will allow you to change both the idler and tension pulley in place.

This should work equally well on TRD SC but there is no need to have a 14mm end so the cheaper 13/15 mm wrench would do fine.

Ebay pricing at this time is 13/15 - 19.99, 14/15 - 24.99 both free shipping
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG

I have no idea what any of it means, but, can I spend $$ to SC my 80? My truck is in Lebanon / Middle East, I work in UAE :D shipping parts has always been an issue.

But nobody will be interested in paying my guy to buy a 600.00 chunk of aluminum and spend a week machining out a compressor mount. So casting the mounts and throttle adapters is going to have to happen if I'm going to release it as a kit. I've already started searching for a local shop and as soon as I can the mount will go out for that purpose.
Bomar in Charleston NH does aluminum sand casting.
Not "in the back yard" local, but not a full days drive either.

They are a marine supply house, can easily accommodate a casting sized for what's needed to mount a super charger.

So I got the mount and discharge pipe back and mounted to the engine. I've already redesigned the discharge pipe and have an order in for 6 units (one is for me).

We've started the process for casting and have met with a pattern shop and will talk with a foundry this week. These meetings will drive any last minute changes to the mount and then an order will be placed.

need to design/mock up:

throttle adapter
hard lines for brake booster/throttle coolant line to throttle adapter
intake extension

IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG

Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom