LANDTANK rear bolt on tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking build. Any idea on a price yet? How much welding would be required? I scanned the thread and could not find a price.

I didnt utilize all 4 pintle holes because i wanted to leave the other side open for a possible right side swingout. That plate is 3/8" thick and a simple drilled plate could be used to shim out the other side if you wanted to use a pintle.

If its something people would want i can put together a kit.
I like the look, but fear that the craftsmanship means it will be out of my comfortable price range. I also like that you're thinking ahead to possibly offering one for the other side too. For the people who aren't adding the right side (that is is planning stages), I think it would be great to offer the shim to cover the other two pintle holes for anyone who wants a pintle OR the 2" receiver hitch (like Slee and others offer) that bolts onto those 4 holes.

I like the looks of this. Simple and effective. It may just have to go onto my want list...

Price is due shortly. This is going to be offeted as a finished product only . So mo welding required but yiu will need to drill 2 holes in the rear crossmember.
I’d love to get one if you’ll offer shipping to Oahu (96734)!?

Anything ever come of this swing out offering?

I'm real sorry guys. I got back from Moab and have been straight out on other stuff. Next week I'll have time to make the final adjustments to finally finish the design. But my fabricator has been inundated with request from me and his other customers which will only add lead time.

Just so long as it isn’t the same guy messing with the wits end quarter panel mounts!! The community appreciates the effort!

I'm real sorry guys. I got back from Moab and have been straight out on other stuff. Next week I'll have time to make the final adjustments to finally finish the design. But my fabricator has been inundated with request from me and his other customers which will only add lead time.
Happy to hear it, hungry to have it!

We are happy to wait.

So we had our fall gathering weekend this week and I got a chance to test out a couple of changes that had to be made to the carrier concerning staying latched while being jarred and bounced during climbing obstacles. I'm pleased to report that issues has been resolved.

This might seem to be rather easy to design, but I wanted a latch setup that small women or a teenager would be able to operate while still keeping the carrier closed securely. Finding the correct size and density bumper to do that was more challenging that I thought possible.

There will be a few other changes such as the CB antenna mount will be located on the lower arm as well as the license plate light. This will place all the wiring on the lower arm and avoid any rubbing/chaffing issue from routing the wires to the swing out.

A backing plate is being added to the bolts that come through the rear cross member to had strength and stability

And a couple of small tweeks as well. I'm confident that this will be the final design.

Looking forward to a final design!

This is great.

changes were sent to shop a few days ago. but he's already got a couple of my things ahesd of it. i'll keep you posted.

A couple NEW things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom