Landtank MAF. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks pretty definitive to me, I do not care how much better "response" is, it means nothing when you are losing power in all the usable areas. In essence you are spending what almost $400 to lose power?

Good job Ryan on spending the money to do this testing, nice to finally see hard evidence of its effects.

Scott...Thanks for going through all of the effort. Good to have real hard indisputable numbers

X2! This has been needed for a long time! Thanks for your efforts
:cheers:

Thanks for taking the time an money to do this! Always goo to see real data.

Thanks for taking time and spending some coin to do this. It absolutely amazes me that there have been hundreds of these sold over a long period and this is the first dyno run. At least the first I have seen.

I hope someone else will bite the bullet and dyno theirs with this mod. Would be nice to have multiple data points.

I'm neither for nor against the mod. I just want as much data as possible to make a good decision.

Buck

Possibility of flashing the ECU instead of letting it "learn"? Too bad, I was very excited about this mod.

No there is no ECU flash available for the 80 series, the place this would shine would be a standalone ECM turbo setup where the stock MAF might reach it's saturation point

At that point and in a set up as described you would be much better off with a MAP sensor, and thus totally removing the MAF altogether.

Thanks for the education and fast replies. I am going to leave well enough alone.

Yeah again who knows? Without knowing voltage values at specific air flow values, maybe this housing has less ability to flow air before the new sensor is saturated. I guess that's a study for someone else. Maybe Brett?

At that point and in a set up as described you would be much better off with a MAP sensor, and thus totally removing the MAF altogether.
Yep. Out with the MAF and in with the MAP once a stand alone comes into the picture.

Yes we reviewed them and nothing out of the ordinary but the timing pull. And you're right it's running rich from about 2750 because the TPS is wide open. The AFR is on the dyno graph, you can't see it in that photo, I have one they printed out with today's AFR and the environmental conditions for the runs on it. I will post it in a minute.

Happy to hear that there is some ObdII data. What was the ltft value prior to open loop? Are you using an OEM O2 sensors? I don't think anything is going to be improved but I am interested in looking a the data. Thanks

Yes brand new OEM O2 Sensors, new OEM knock sensors, new OEM fuel filter, new spark plugs, plug wires, new rotor and cap, head pulled, cleaned, valves adjusted, TB cleaned, new OEM fuel pump sock, new OEM water pump, OEM fan clutch modified, OEM belts, OEM timing chain and sprockets, cleaned and tested injectors, etc.

If there was anything on my truck that I thought could skew the results in any way I would let you know but I am quite sure my truck is a great example of a good running, properly maintained 80 series.

Sorry the environmental data photo didn't come out that well but it reads:

Baseline stock OEM - 56.75 degrees, 29.07in-Hg, 58% humidity, STD 1.02, - 145.84hp, 194.53ft/lbs

Immediately after LT MAF housing - 59.66 degrees, 29.06in-Hg, 53% humidity, STD 1.02, - 135hp, 189ft/lbs

After a week of LT MAF - 54.89 degrees, 29.36in-Hg, 14% humidity, STD 1.00 136hp, 186ft/lbs

Then on the dyno you can see the AFR, since it was stock we didn't plot OEM, or the first Landtank MAF, you can see on the second one we definitely were not running out of fuel.

dyno2.jpg

dyno3.jpg

Yeah again who knows? Without knowing voltage values at specific air flow values, maybe this housing has less ability to flow air before the new sensor is saturated. I guess that's a study for someone else. Maybe Brett?
I am getting a stock MAF ready and I will compare them side by side. This was the plan all along, but my expectations have now changed. Beyond that I will leave the R&D for Rick to work on. ;)

Thanks for posting the pics and info on the parts. Was the AFR at the tailpipe for the first two runs of 14.7 checked or was that a default value? It looks like the AFR on the first two runs is 14.7 though out. I really don't think this is correct maybe it was a default value? The third run is 10.1 (expected) in open loop.

From memory, open loop in the OBDII trucks has always been stupid rich with or without the housing. Your right that maxing out the TPS will send you into open loop. Nothing but adding forced induction or NOS will help the AFR in open loop with the OBDII trucks. I recall most benefit from the housing and sensor being in closed loop. Closed loop is where most people drive these trucks. Air flow data back to the ecu was higher throughout the closed loop range compared to the original sensor with STFT and LTFT in correct range too. Hence no emissions codes being thrown.

Enjoy the truck, it looks great! Should run near forever.

As he posted ARF was not hooked up the first time, It would not have told us anything any ways other than 10.0 like every other Stock OBDII dyno.

scott-
thanks for taking the hit on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom