Landtank MAF. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well stupid rich or not the stock housing doesn't have the motor pull timing at 4200+ rpm's like this housing does. As far as I know there is still no data that says the truck runs in closed loop any better either. I think all of this data should have existed at the creation of the housing before someone turns around and sells it to the community. If Landtank wants to pay me plus the $75 an hour for the dyno time to go back to the dyno and try and drive within the parameters of closed loop and try and duplicate two exact dyno runs (which is why they go full throttle so that you can actually make meaningful comparisons) I will. But as far as I am concerned I am done with the Landtank housing. If I have my foot to the floor that is when I need power and the very last thing I need is for it to be pulling timing and power.

Thanks for posting the pics and info on the parts. Was the AFR at the tailpipe for the first two runs of 14.7 checked or was that a default value? It looks like the AFR on the first two runs is 14.7 though out. I really don't think this is correct maybe it was a default value? The third run is 10.1 (expected) in open loop.

From memory, open loop in the OBDII trucks has always been stupid rich with or without the housing. Your right that maxing out the TPS will send you into open loop. Nothing but adding forced induction or NOS will help the AFR in open loop with the OBDII trucks. I recall most benefit from the housing and sensor being in closed loop. Closed loop is where most people drive these trucks. Air flow data back to the ecu was higher throughout the closed loop range compared to the original sensor with STFT and LTFT in correct range too. Hence no emissions codes being thrown.

Enjoy the truck, it looks great! Should run near forever.

I guess I am not clear on this. Rick gives me no money and I have no advantage in making him money. I don't sell this product either or speak for him.

I still have yet to see any timing datalog on your truck stock vs housing from your posts. At this point, I have no interest in reviewing the data. Since you don't like the housing glad to hear your removing it. Thanks for sharing the dyno runs.

Just to throw in my experience...

I have not done the dyno yet. I got the same "seat of the pants" feeling everyone talks about. The only issue I've ever seen is the 401 coming on letting me know its time to clean the sensor.

Now I did my big rebuild and am now running the motor at 4.6L but one of the things I did was bore out my throttle body. At wide open going uphill on the frwy the motor "opens up" and I can hear the mad rush of air and the truck is pulling like crazy. No SC installed yet. Now it could be the rebuild, it could be the TB but my truck has never run so good and with so much power.

I was not insinuating that you were getting paid I simply meant that I can't/won't spend anymore of my individual time and money doing it.

I am not really sure what your credentials are to review the data when compared to a very well know tuning shop in fairly large city? If you have them sorry I missed it. If you would like a spare housing and sensor for a backup please just let me know. Thanks

I guess I am not clear on this. Rick gives me no money and I have no advantage in making him money. I don't sell this product either or speak for him.

I still have yet to see any timing datalog on your truck stock vs housing from your posts. At this point, I have no interest in reviewing the data. Since you don't like the housing glad to hear your removing it. Thanks for sharing the dyno runs.

Last edited:
I have a housing and sensor coming tomorrow and will be testing the timing pull on my truck. I did this years ago and did not see any evidence of it through the OBDII port.

I can data log all the same values such as speed and RPM and have a wideband as well.

What gear where you in on these pulls. That way I can simulate what you did as close as possible.

Sounds good throw it on an all wheel dyno can't wait to see the results!

This was a dynojet dyno would be great if you use the same one. 2nd gear pulls, A/C off, PWR on. Wheelbase for the dyno is 112", standard correction factor.

Just doing a real quick search it looked like KTR performance in Ayer MA has a dynojet.

Last edited:
Ok great look forward to the dyno results. Always good to have multiple verifications

I get it, your hot on your dyno runs. Your seeing a timing pull through the OBD port in second gear above 4500 rpms. I don't need to be on a dyno to see the same thing in real life. Because if there is a difference between real life and the dyno then the dyno runs are useless.

Yeah I suppose if you consider controlled, repeatable results useless..... I have no idea why you would even make that statement.

Put it on the dyno if you are so sure. Seems easy to me. You can exactly replicate the results if you so choice. I found you a dyno near you. If you chose not to, I guess there is a reason.

I am at least putting some data out there, people can do with it what they want, but I would think if the claim is that this gives you more HP, that data should be somewhere. If someone else proves me wrong I will be the first here to make a public apology, but right now this is the single data point we have.

Last edited:
The pull you are seeing will be obvious on a road test if it's there. A road test is what I can do tomorrow.

I already have a truck being prepped for a dyno as I write this. Nothing in my fleet is a good candidate.

It was noticeable on the street, but I don't usually drive 4200rpms, but there was still no gain up to that point. So yes huge loss at 4200+ rpms is important but just as important to me would also be that there was no gain anywhere else.

Again hopefully I am wrong, I would love to have a little more bolt on power, that is why I asked you if you had any ideas.

Last edited:
If you want now that I have done the last dyno and want to check out the housing and sensor I will send it to you. But I am not sure what that could prove, it is a GEN II housing with the inserted sleeve, and a brand new Toyota sensor, but if you think it might be it or if there are any tests you want me to run you can email me.

maf.jpg

housing.jpg

That is a GEN I housing with a sleeve if memory serves me correct. The current unit that is available is the GEN II.

Scott, thanks for posting up the dyno results. It will be interesting to see what others data looks like. I know for myself as with NLXTACY, the seat of the pants results were clearly noticeable and was a welcome addition. Just my $0.02.

You're absolutely right 94SRunner, it is a GEN I sleeved, sorry. I was under the impression it was sleeved to reduce the diameter and then the GEN II's were just made the same inside diameter as the GEN I's with the sleeve. What problems did the GEN I have?

Well if memory serves, the GEN I was corrected with the sleeve to reduce the diameter where it was needed. The GEN II just eliminated the sleeve as you stated. Once the GEN I is sleeved it is essentially the same as the GEN II. The Landtank MAF thread in the vendors section has that the historical info, I can't remember it verbatim.

Well if memory serves, the GEN I was corrected with the sleeve to reduce the diameter where it was needed. The GEN II just eliminated the sleeve as you stated. Once the GEN I is sleeved it is essentially the same as the GEN II. The Landtank MAF thread in the vendors section has that the historical info, I can't remember it verbatim.

Pretty sure this is the case. I am currently running a GEN1 w/o the sleeve.

All of my power REALLY kicks in at 4k. I tend to be there, sometimes in 2nd, going uphill.

EXACTLY!!!!!

interesting but how much % of the time is anyone really driving their cruiser at 4k+ rpm's? Looks like the #'s are about the same up to 4k anyhow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom