Landpimp.com

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Landpimp, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    http://www.landpimp.com/

and no that aint me.......but I will be having a chat with this guy ;)

but really, does anyone think that is a good name for a real estate web site? I don't go by landpimp around my area, just on the web.

thought it was kinda funny

2. jesterb

jesterb

For the kind of real estate you deal with, I would have to say no.

On the other hand. For the kind of junk properties that I buy, it would most definatly work.............. :grinpimp:

3. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

Why do I think there will be a bunch of Ego surfing tonight..

4. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

That there is funny! At least he is being honest with himself and his profession. For years, I have been calling real estate agents land pimps, dirt pimps, and real estate floozies.

Don't get me wrong, I hold real estate agents about as high as used car salesman. I deal with them on pretty much a daily basis. I am a land surveyor near Aspen, Colorado and some of these realtors in my area are very pushy and have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Hopefully, no offense is taken by my obsevations.

5. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    none takin, there are some real lowlifes in the biz(like any field) I am however not one of them, been doing this for 10+ years, my folks for 40......we have a damn good reputation.

I know some great surveyors and only one bad one, Nils Rodhove..........very nice guy(and a family freind), very bad surveyor........bad enough he had his lic pulled.

my buddy Joe Smith(he runs heavy equipment, I call him Joe Dirt ;) called me a landpimp years ago.....I thought it was very fitting, I don't use that term for my marketing however ;)

BTW.........Connie(my GF) runs a used car lot :D

6. tabraha

tabraha Hello My Name is: TAD SILVER Star

You mean besides the one you already own? :flipoff2:

Grease cruiser: You'd be shocked at the number of folks that survey on this board. (myself included) One fella even has his robot as his avatar! :cheers:

7. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    yup beside mine, and yes she seems to run my car lot also, the tard won't let her fj62 get sold even after she said she would........thats why I got her the LX470.......

Greasecruiser atempted to insult both me and Connie in one post.........quite a feat :) (really no insult takin at ALL)

8. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

buy the site off him....he can go be landpimp.ca you can be .com

I think thats a great idea.

nothing wrong at all. yes every prof has down falls. All the real estate functions I have done, I have been impressed with my agents. But I picked ones with awards on their websites. Not that its the best way to judge. I like referals to agents. As long as they get the dollar I wanted and in a timely manner, then they did the job they were hired for,

I figure guys who hate a certain profession prolly got s***ty homes with leaky basement and drive old fawking cars that they think are worth more than they are. :flipoff2:

9. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

What's a basement???

10. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:

11. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Oh he was just bad........I forget what finaly did it, but his work is legendary/natorious around here ;)

12. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

Good to hear that there are a few surveyors on the board. I enjoy the work. Clean, easy outdoors, safe. At least where I am in beautiful Colorado.

Land Pimp, glad to hear no offense was taken. Wouldn't want to piss off a Pimp now would I!? In a sense, I have been a used car salesman of sorts. Owned 30+ vehicles in the last 10 years and the majority of them being Land Cruisers and quite a few old Land Rovers as well. I've sold 3 Cruisers and 1 Rover this summer already. Got 1 more to go and parts off of another one. I'm done with them. It's time to be happy with the ones I have and enjoy them.

Also, I am sure your GF is a very nice woman. I am talking about the stupid ass salesman that will tell you anything. You know the ones I am talking about. "So,,,,,,,,,, what's it going to take to get you in this car.....today?" "So,,,let's go look at some paperwork just to see what kind of payments you are looking at." And on.

I had one salesman show me a Nissan Pathfinder awhile ago. He told me that Nissan invented shift on the fly four wheel drive! I said, "Then why does my 1956 Land Rover shift on the fly. He had no response.

Here's one about a realtor. I went and looked at a house with my mother-in-law and her buying agent. The selling agent was there showing us all around the property. I inquired about a small outbuilding over on the corner of the property. The selling agent said that it was the pump house for the well. So, I went over and opened the door. Low and behold, it was a fawkin' outhouse. I knindly noted to the selling agent that she should go and take a look at the well pump house, that something was wrong with it. She did not speak to me the for the rest of the time we were there.

Just a few weeks ago, I met a realtor and some potential buyers at a property. The selling agent and the buyers wanted to walk the property and find some corners. So I show up and drive right by the people and go to the lot. A few minutes later, the selling agent and the buyers come up and ask why we were over where we were. We responded that we were parked on the lot. Where the realtor and the buyers had been standing and pointing was the wrong lot. The selling agent had no clue what she was selling and she even had her sign on the wrong property. Not even close to the lot. I had a pretty good laugh at that one!

I have heard of a few surveyors losing their liscense for "stretching" the rules a little. They lied about setbacks and other things and the county finally said enough.

I worked with a liscensed surveyor one winter and he was dumber than rocks. I can't believe he even passed the test. He was in a constant state of being stoned. Too many drugs in the 70's I think.

13. lucky

lucky

Just thought I would continue the High-jack of this thread. I am a fellow Land Surveyor from the north. One of the best jobs out there! In the field all day on quads or in the cruiser, what could be better
    Ryan

14. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

i would like to win the lottery for my job and then i could do the same as you all day! This guy doesn't look like any kind of pimp.

15. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    LOL, good stories, I got tones of them :)

just had a worthless agent in my office try to sell my own commiercial property(by mistake), she had the plat map backward..........took me a trip to the site and 30min of arguing to get her to understand.........the map is north up, not south up...see that little arrow on the corner.....it points NORTH! which means your on the wrong property you idiot.....the one for sale is that one over there.........with the HUGE wetland ;)

oh and I sold cars for 5 years in the early 90 ;) I left because I couldnt take the lieing anymore, which honestly for the 1st 4 years I didn't have to do.....untill the good ole boy owner sold out to the new asshat...

John

16. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    I survey tits and ass all day.

I am the ONLY licensed T&A Surveyor in Pensacola. All orders must be pre-approved through me.

Now staking claim to all Ih8mud potential property as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.