Landers Toyota 25% Discount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellows, this was recently mentioned in a thread, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew this discount was still alive and well. I've been using this perk heavily over the last few weeks for my junk and saved considerably-- 25% off and no shipping! A few tips:

You must ask for the discount. (Duh) They usually put my order under "Razorback Landcruiser".

These are young guys who are willing to help, but you WILL have to walk them through the parts explosion on their screen and/or have part numbers for them.

They may say it will take them 10 days to get something, but that's been an overly- conservative estimate in my experience.

I mainly deal with "Clifford".

Use it or lose it. (That's what Steve said)

Last edited:
So is this a Landers discount or could it possibly be used at other dealers?

Does this discount only apply to parts or service as well??

Does this discount only apply to parts or service as well??

To my knowledge, service was never a part of the deal.

This was set up several years ago by a club member that was a service tech at Landers to help out members that wrenched on their own trucks. He talked to the parts manager about supporting our club with the discount and the rest is history. I took advantage of the discount several times when I had my 80 and had similar results as Justin. It's a good deal and supports the local dealership. Sometimes you get lucky and they have the part in stock.

The discount was based on the same deal that American Toyota was offering via Beno and Cruiser Dan-which I imagine is dead since neither one of them work at that dealership any longer.

I think it helped that Steve and his boys were/are into Land Cruisers, (but the discount applies to all Toyota 4WDs). From what I've been told, back in the late 90's and early 2000's, Steve used to buy 80-Series at auction and refurbish them to sell. I've seen Scott in a couple 60's as well as his 200 that he threw the ARB catalogue at.

Ahh okay well then I will definitely keep this in mind.

I think it helped that Steve and his boys were/are into Land Cruisers, (but the discount applies to all Toyota 4WDs). From what I've been told, back in the late 90's and early 2000's, Steve used to buy 80-Series at auction and refurbish them to sell. I've seen Scott in a couple 60's as well as his 200 that he threw the ARB catalogue at.

Yeah you aren't kidding, saw it when I was at the dealership and it was immaculate.

Spiffy 200 series at Lander's today. After speaking with some sales rep's I heard that it was actually one of the Lander's sons trucks...
View attachment 1198465
View attachment 1198466
View attachment 1198467

Just a FYI, this discount is still going strong. Clifford didn't bat an eye and was extremely friendly and helpful. The 25% was extremely helpful for the transmission I just ordered. The local rebuild, lasted about 70K and 4 years, but if I would have just spent the extra money then I wouldn't have to be dealing with it again...

Yep, I've used the discount a few times lately myself. Nothing to the extent of a transmission though. Good luck on the repair Tim! Hopefully, this will fix you up for good.

Yep, I've used the discount a few times lately myself. Nothing to the extent of a transmission though. Good luck on the repair Tim! Hopefully, this will fix you up for good.

Thanks, unfortunately I have already become familiar with the removal and replace...attempted to rebuild myself...with a net result of no change in my slipping in 3rd symptom/od... But I did disassemble and reassemble a transmission and it still work somewhat, so that's something. I could probably take it to a shop or throw a valve body at it, but at this point I just want to get something in there I can definitely trust and call it done. And if anyone needs to borrow a transmission jack, I have one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom