Landcruiser VX in the states for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice!

Droolllllll.

I don't understand that "the conversion was done by a former owner" meaning it was NOT a diesel but a diesels was put in it. Yet the VIN is listed as HDJxxxx indicating it WAS a diesel originally? Also, just out of curiousity anyone know what country it comes from as a LHD diesel?

Will be interesting what it goes for. I hope the seller has a more definitive way to document the diesel installed in it than "apparently has 20,0000 miles on it while identifying the source of the engine.

DougM

I don't see where it says it is a conversion. It says engine was done... maybe he had it shipped over here without and engine?? or the original was bad. :confused:

gx grill badge vx rear badge hmm that toyoDIY.com that someone else found and posted to let us know says its 10 of 1990 good clean looking 80 series though

I don't understand that "the conversion was done by a former owner" meaning it was NOT a diesel but a diesels was put in it. Yet the VIN is listed as HDJxxxx indicating it WAS a diesel originally? Also, just out of curiousity anyone know what country it comes from as a LHD diesel?

Will be interesting what it goes for. I hope the seller has a more definitive way to document the diesel installed in it than "apparently has 20,0000 miles on it while identifying the source of the engine.

DougM

Doug, I'm guessing the truck is from Europe. I saw lots of turbo diesel 80's in Switzerland and Germany back in the mid 90's.
Infact, 80% of the SUV market in europe is diesel. Might also be mid east spec poss due to the hood ornament. don't remember seeing a hood ornament in any market but the mid east.

Doug, I'm guessing the truck is from Europe. I saw lots of turbo diesel 80's in Switzerland and Germany back in the mid 90's.
Infact, 80% of the SUV market in europe is diesel. Might also be mid east spec poss due to the hood ornament. don't remember seeing a hood ornament in any market but the mid east.

I will second that. I saw a bunch of these (LHD Diesel 80's) in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden.

Smells fishy :confused:
How does one export that vehicle year into the USA without a manufactures compliance statement,I thought vehicles had to be 25yrs or older.

Damn...so tempting and only 10 miles from my house!

I sat in that truck a few years ago. If you do a search, you'll find a couple of threads on it, it was originally imported from Panama and came over through Texas. I believe the original IHD-T died on it (the infamous bearings?) and a SOR engine was sourced and installed.

It's come up for sale a couple of times before.

I don't know anything about the importation process, in case anyone is wondering, just relaying what I know about the truck.

I have seen this truck before, several times in fact for sale. Even the Ebay description is the same as it was several months ago. "Dial this baby in" is what I remember for sure.

Make sure the con rod bearing are done (BEB) before someone buys it or get em done right away OK vehicle has a total 115,000miles and a new engine20,000kms ago and a new IP pump, Someone fxxxed that thing , I wouldn't touch it IMOP

Smells fishy :confused:
How does one export that vehicle year into the USA without a manufactures compliance statement,I thought vehicles had to be 25yrs or older.

I thought a truck newer than 25 yrs old could be legally imported if it was the same make as a vehicle already sold in the US, not sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom