Landcruiser vs Porsche Cayenne Turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

please...you're embarassing the other Canadians

W/o reading that article, the 80 and 100 will win offroad. A 4x4 mag I read said how when the suspension is at its highest point it has like zero flex. Also the stock tires are for street performance, not offroad. It is all independent suspension. Plus you can get an 80 w/ front and rear lockers...need I say more?

-Matt

>> kicks a$$ off road <<

Can you document this with a link or another reference? And, yes I did follow the link you posted and read the article.

-B-

well apparently there was an article on rockcrawler.com talking about Porsche's history with 4X's..

and here's one ripping through soem water--almost 11" of ground clearance stock, and excellent approach and departure angles..I saw some pix the other day with one up on two opposing wheels soing some rock crawling--looked pretty impressive

I thought the purpose of an off road suspension is to keep wheels on the ground :doh: Seriously I read that when the air system in the torueg is maxed out, giving the 11 inch ground clearance, it has almost no flex. (i am assuming they use basically the same system) The same magazine had a part written by the editor cursing the stock tires put on these new performance suvs, he wondered why they gave them mechanical goodies and than tires that are not even worthy of a dirt road. I think it was C&D that showed a picture of a porsche stuck in mud, and a good ol fashion pick-up truck pulled it out. So stock to stock I am going to have to go w/ cruisers... front&rear lockers...all solid axel...better tires for offroad... I would also side with my 99 cruiser against the porsche.

-Matt

wtf.gif
This thread is a frickin joke right?
jpshakehead.gif

[quote author=CDN_Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=10168;start=msg90843#msg90843 date=1074144463]
please...you're embarassing the other Canadians
[/quote]

:doh:

IMO, Cayenne will only have a slight advantage on the street on an ideal situations. Cayenne would be better compared to something like a Lambo suv. I don't know if they still makes them but this suv has a V12 and twin turbos.

Ahhh yes, the Lamborghini LM002. I saw a new one, British Racing Green, in a dealer showroom in the mid-80's. I don't think they've been made for a long time. FYI, they were normally aspirated. Some came with a half dozen or so webers; later versions were EFI.

lm002t.jpeg

Lamborghini_LM002_01.jpeg

Lamborghini_LM002_02.jpeg

Lamborghini_LM002_03.jpeg

Lamborghini_LM002_04.jpeg

-B-

That's the one I was talking about. Thanks, Beowulf. :beer:

Buy one and take it to Tellico...

We won't tease you too much while you cry in your beer while adding up your repair bill.

Those things are so ugly they're actually beautiful in a strange way. Only 300 made and most of those are in middle East countries. Aluminum and fiberglass with a tube frame and a Lambo V12 cranking about 400hp. Kewwwwwl.

-B-

[And I whine about the price of Toyota parts... :( ]

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=10168;start=msg91964#msg91964 date=1074489727]
Those things are so ugly they're actually beautiful in a strange way. Only 300 made and most of those are in middle East countries. Aluminum and fiberglass with a tube frame and a Lambo V12 cranking about 400hp. Kewwwwwl.

-B-

[And I whine about the price of Toyota parts... :( ]
[/quote]

Yeah, I whine about Toyota parts too...what yer point? :flipoff2:

I'm a big Porsche fan, but not one of the Cayanne. ONe thing AI am glad of is the fact that they still made it a Porsche. I hunk of metal that can go as fast as a car, makes like 450hp and weighs 3tons is a work of art. These things are beasts on road. Off-Road they are about the equivelent of a very, very heavy Audi All-Road. Plus you dent a 80, eh. You dent a 100k Porshe, EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taking a Cayanne offroad would be a disaster due to its weight, its lack of drivetrain goodies, like lockers, and the fact taht it has Perilli P-Zero's, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom