Landcruiser vs. Civic: bummer... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like it could use a new fairlead...:eek:

It needs to go on the frame rack and get measured. That will tell you an awful lot about how bad it's hurt.

Smoke if you take it to the guys I told you about in the PM I just sent you and they say it can be made whole again, I would not be at all afraid of it.

that sucks. my wife had a similar accident in a 91 80 hitting a tercel that turned left in front of her when she was going over 20 mph. no braking, no ARB. the difference is that in her accident the 80 was moving fast not the target and the opposite in yours. my guess is it is fixable but close to the write off. Definitely worth thinking about buying it back.

some details

-the ARB lists about the same as a new oem bumper so you should have trouble getting a new one.

-there was no frame damage on the 91 behind the frame horns. those were bent and needed straightening.

-there was no suspension damage at all. your steering wheel problem sounds like a bent drag link to me. Good time to get the slee drag link instead of an OEM replacement plus some new rod ends.

-unlike yours the quarter panels did not crumple and warp near the doors on the 91. in fact they had almost no damage to the QPs. not sure why the force displaced through to the 1/4 panels on yours with the ARB there.

-you may need new hood hinges.

-they may have to re and re the rad to fix the bezel and all. if they do, make sure they use toyota red coolant if that's what you have been using. take the opportunity to change the fan clutch and have the rad well flushed.

-the a/c may have to be discharged and recharged to do the frame work. good time to recloate the a/c dryer.

-the 91 needed new engine mounts.

good luck

Good to hear you weren't hurt. Let us know the outcome of the 80. Hopefully it's not a RIP deal.

We should collect all the pictures of wrecks with 80s equipped with bull bars and send them to ARB. Maybe they would be impressed enough to lower prices. :)

Update:
Good News! The other guys insurance agreed to pay for 100% of my repairs. I dropped my truck off at the body shop yesterday, they estimate $3400 in repairs (new ARB, winch, OME steering stabilizer, grill, headlight liner, and hood hinges are the major items). I called my local dealership to see where they send folks with wrecks, they told me Ken Garff's body shop. Ken Garff is a Honda, Nissan, etc dealership in Ogden. It helped them tremendously that I had printed out the after market parts from MAF's website. The lady at the body shop asked if I had any idea where she could get the after market parts, and then I handed her the printouts with prices, and MAF's phone #. She let out a big sigh of relief and said it really helps out when folks provide this info. :)

They will be putting the truck on the frame machine in the next day or two to check it out. They felt confident if there was any damage, it could be easily fixed. When I checked out the truck before dropping it off, I couldnt see any frame damage, except maybe some very slight damage at the very front where the ARB bolts on. Everything else looked ok, radiator, etc. It looked like the ARB took most of the damage. I guess I'll find out in the next day or so. Keep you fingers crossed, I'll pass along what they find.

I'm trying to get a pic of the civic from the airport folks, I'll them when I get them.
randall

Manafre?
Isn't Cruiser Outfitters closer?
What about Slee Offroad?

;)

Congrats on getting the rig back together again.

NorCalDoug said:
Manafre?
Isn't Cruiser Outfitters closer?
What about Slee Offroad?

;)

Congrats on getting the rig back together again.

MAF had everything aftermarket that was damaged. They have always treated me right in the past.

smokethedog said:
MAF had everything aftermarket that was damaged. They have always treated me right in the past.
:)
I was just kidding. I've purchased from all three and have been happy with each vendor.

Wrong body shop.......;)

I guess you didn't believe me then?

I've seen more wrecks posted in the last month than I ever remember. Maybe December is a bad month. Good thing you're alright and although it su*ks, at least think of it as you getting all new items.

cruiserdan said:
Wrong body shop.......;)

I guess you didn't believe me then?

I believed you, just turned out that place is a couple of hours away. Trust me, you type it, I believe it.

No worries...;)

I flat-towed a truck 640 miles once to get to that shop.....:D

Got my truck back this week

Got my truck back, pleased with the work the body shop did. Got a new ARB, Warn winch, steering stabilizer, headlight skirt, grill, the front end painted, and front end alignment. It seems to drive better now than it did prior to the wreck. Not I get to troubleshoot a lingering EGR code... Below is pic of wreck and the fix.
107-0757_IMGa.jpg
107-0763_IMGa.jpg

Excelent!

It does feel good to get back on the saddle, no?...:D

That's a really ugly backdrop you have there for the after picture. :grinpimp:

Glad you got your baby back.

cruiserdan said:
Excelent!

It does feel good to get back on the saddle, no?...:D

heck yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back