LandCruiser vs Chev (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the rushhour traffic brought me to a stand-still, I had only stopped for a few seconds when I felt a jolt and heard the distinct sound of crunching plastic. I looked in the rearview, to see an unhappy guy in a newer Chev SUV looking at me. Knowing the rigidity of me 60 series back bumper, I wasn't at all concerned and just watched the guy to see what he would do. Maybe his SUV was stolen, or maybe he knew the insurance company would show him no pity, he didn't bother getting out to exchange information. I just had a sip of my coffee and didn't look back, reminded again why I drive an old LandCruiser.
When I got to work, I had a look at it, not a mark.

Too funny.

Had a ditz in a Chevy Camaro somehow forcefully rear-end me a few years ago in a McDonald's drive-through. I think I was in my beater Accord. I had the hitch ball mounted and it put a nice hole in the metal of the hood and the plastic valence. Pretty funny. No damage to my Accord but if not had that ball on there, I'd be replacing a lot of plastic and dealing with insurance.

Since then I drive around with the hitch ball mounted on vehicles that have them. Cheap insurance. Wish my LC had a more stout rear bumper like the front but for now the dinged and dented stocker remains.

Lucky for him it wasn't an Escalade. It could've burst into flames!

Sent from a phone, and stuff

I got hit in the rear by a jeep cherokee .......
Jeep = $4000 front end damage
my 60 = some touch up paint on my custom bumper.....

Gotta love STEEL!

I got hit in the rear by a jeep cherokee .......
Jeep = $4000 front end damage
my 60 = some touch up paint on my custom bumper.....

Gotta love STEEL!

It's like I tell all my friends "I'm gonna be super pissed if someone rear ends me...because then i'll have to get up the motivation to go to Home Depot and buy some spray paint"

It's like I tell all my friends "I'm gonna be super pissed if someone rear ends me...because then i'll have to get up the motivation to go to Home Depot and buy some spray paint"

Exactly what I was thinking when this happened to me!

I've had the same thing happen to me. The dude hit nothing but the hitch. We pulled over and he went to apologize while looking at my 60. He quickly realized the scuff on the ball wouldn't really warrant much attention from the insurance company, so we parted ways. I'm thinking of going WWII fighter plane style and spray painting the outline of a plastic bumper on the front fender. Wonder how many more I'm gonna rack up.

I'm thinking of going WWII fighter plane style and spray painting the outline of a plastic bumper on the front fender.

That's awesome. I think I'd do the front half of a car. Or maybe the whole outline of a sedan... I bet I could get a local sign shop to make up sheets of them. :)

The stock bumper and lightweight hitch ball on our 60 took out the front end of a brand-new Nissan Titan a couple months ago. The damage multiplier on the Titan sure didn't do their hood and fenders any favors. $100 for a stock bumper from the junkyard, and we were back in business, not to mention $1200 ahead of the game from their insurance company. :D

I've had the same thing happen to me. The dude hit nothing but the hitch. We pulled over and he went to apologize while looking at my 60. He quickly realized the scuff on the ball wouldn't really warrant much attention from the insurance company, so we parted ways. I'm thinking of going WWII fighter plane style and spray painting the outline of a plastic bumper on the front fender. Wonder how many more I'm gonna rack up.

Similar thing a couple years ago.
Sitting dead stopped at a red light. Turns green, start to go and hear *bang* and feel a small jolt, hardly noticeable.

I'm thinking damn!
What broke now!?

I look back and see what's left of the hood of a Chrysler Sebring, Bent in the middle and looking like a tee pee, and smoke coming from under the hood.
I hop up on the median to get out and check on the lady driver.

She's ok, but shaken.
The car?

Gonna need a lot of work and a tow rig to get it home.

I brushed the transfer paint off the receiver hitch and waited for her husband to show up so I knew she'd be ok.

Alls well that ends well:)

I like the idea of the bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom