Landcruiser Troopy Man-Haul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interesting. That would be the first fifth door conversion Toyota supports. I wonder if all troopy C-pillars have the necessary reinforcement for a seat belt anchor. The RV package sure does, but looking at the wheels these are standard package.

3.jpg

Dave

beanz2 said:
Interesting. That would be the first fifth door conversion Toyota supports. I wonder if all troopy C-pillars have the necessary reinforcement for a seat belt anchor. The RV package sure does, but looking at the wheels these are standard package.

3.jpg

Dave

I imagine that all the troopy bodies that were available when the forward facing seat became an option,would have the reinforcement. Like the 60 series rear lap sash belt anchor points.
The refurbishers that had the $600 troopy for sale say the only hard part to fitting the forward facing rear seat is procuring the parts
I suppose if it has the floor mounts for the FFR seat ,you could assume it has the seat belt facilities

The forward facing rear seat craze is all due to a change in occ health and safety laws:D

The miners would specify those rims and tyres to standardise their fleet.
Is this the rim they should have on a new RV?
Picture 006 (Small).jpg

I thought that the RV trim comes with alloy wheels. I guess not :eek:

That taillight is sure interesting. Down under, does the right hand side taillight look the same as the left hand side? The newer 70 series in UK gets the red, white and black version on both sides but in most parts of the world the right hand side is only white and black.

Dave

The feeling is mutual my friend.

Don't understand why you can't even buy the good yota's in north america, sure the tundras and tacomas are far better than anyone elses trucks, but if they made a diesel truck or a diesel land cruiser here I would be the first one in the show room, getting one. Its worth every penny even if it was 57 000 CAN. It would be the last truck I ever bought. The wierd thing is Land cruiser started toyota, if it wasn't for Land cruiser toyota wouldn't be anything like it is today. In my mind though if it isn't diesel it isn't worth it.
just my 2 cents

beanz2 said:
I thought that the RV trim comes with alloy wheels. I guess not :eek:

That taillight is sure interesting. Down under, does the right hand side taillight look the same as the left hand side? The newer 70 series in UK gets the red, white and black version on both sides but in most parts of the world the right hand side is only white and black.

Dave
Most of the RV troopy are sold like that at this dealer. I think its in recognition that the owners are usually private buyers who will want to customise by adding their own aftermarket wheels.

However because the cab chassis buyers are mainly for business use ,they get those white offroad rims and 31x15x10.5 so they can use them straight away.
I dont think many are sold with the horrible grey splits in the metro area,they're almost exclusively for outback and mining use.

The only 7# model that has alloy wheels as standard is the "Muster" cabchassis with the turbo diesel and metallic paint

I was following one on the way to Swanview yesterday and the tailights were the same both sides.:D
Im fairly sure the Aust Design Rules require 2 combination indicater brake and park light on the rear corners regardless of the extra bumper and roof lights.
Car companies have been grumbling about it for some time.

roscoFJ73 Im fairly sure the Aust Design Rules require 2 combination indicater brake and park light on the rear corners regardless of the extra bumper and roof lights. .[/QUOTE said:
I meant a indicator ,brake/tail and reverse light on each rear corner

Red Herring said:
How freakin cool are those!! I think I might be coming down with a bad case of rest of the world envy.

The rest of the world doesnt have the diesel hating mercans to deal with. They are the NA problem. Canada just isn't big enough to support the cruiser industry but it is getting bigger all the time! Oh to dream :beer: :beer:

Troopies ROCK!

Screw the bastards for not bringing them into the US!!!

Then screw us for making it to difficult for them to do it!

TB :doh:

Eric Winkworth said:
The feeling is mutual my friend.

. The wierd thing is Land cruiser started toyota, if it wasn't for Land cruiser toyota wouldn't be anything like it is today.
just my 2 cents

I agree somewhat. But I think it was the Corolla that started it. that car is the most sold anything Worldwide.

i have to agree with brownbear here, it was the Corrolla that made the start for Toyota...
cheers

Last edited:
I suspect they can't ship them in because there are interenational trade agreements protecting national automakers like ford, gm and crysler. Imagine what would happen to those 3 if they had some real competition.

We'll just keep on bringing in the 15 year old stuff in really good condition - that will have to do for now eh.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom