Landcruiser Prado KZJ78: To Lift or Not to Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jmylie and @djsolution I’m wanting go lower on my ride as it will be mostly road driving and nothing heavy duty loaded on to it, no bull bar either. When you say 45mm or 60mm, what is the measurement of the spring compressed? I have no idea what is on mine right now, the front is at 30cm and 35cm rear with just the basic weight of the car. Photos for reference. Tires are 33.5x10

AF8325BC-9E96-47B3-B8C1-EB19FBC03C07.jpeg

3E6CF888-B902-4885-BE55-2D1A6F52BF7D.jpeg

Looks like a 2inch lift in the rear and less in the front. If you are Japan, why not just buy some new OEM coils from the dealer? But if it rides nice, I would leave it.
Dobinsons make the best kit for light duty 7* series. I think they do a standard height kit.

Looks like a 2inch lift in the rear and less in the front. If you are Japan, why not just buy some new OEM coils from the dealer? But if it rides nice, I would leave it.
Dobinsons make the best kit for light duty 7* series. I think they do a standard height kit.
Thank you on the Dobinsons tip. I just figured out which ProComps are on here. Going to compare the shock min/max specs against dobinsons various lift kits.

Beautiful Truck! Been thinking about getting a Land Cruiser. Did you paint the fender flares black, or is this stock? I love the body color too. Did you paint that as well?
Thanks man! 100%, get a Land Cruiser. I bought this KZJ78 as it is in the pic. Paint is not stock, my best guess is a Porsche blue. Fenders and bumper are painted a matte black, not stock though.

Thanks man! 100%, get a Land Cruiser. I bought this KZJ78 as it is in the pic. Paint is not stock, my best guess is a Porsche blue. Fenders and bumper are painted a matte black, not stock though
Thanks man! 100%, get a Land Cruiser. I bought this KZJ78 as it is in the pic. Paint is not stock, my best guess is a Porsche blue. Fenders and bumper are painted a matte black, not stock though.
thanks. Can I be rude and ask how much the purchase price was. I’m considering a 78 Prado + restoration costs.

Thank you on the Dobinsons tip. I just figured out which ProComps are on here. Going to compare the shock min/max specs against dobinsons various lift kits.
Can you tell me which pro comps those are on the front and back before you changed it?That looks like the lift on my kzj78 that I bought but have discontinued precompiled on the prado but the numbers on them come up as discontinued but no size or other ones I can upgrade with.

Can you tell me which pro comps those are on the front and back before you changed it?That looks like the lift on my kzj78 that I bought but have discontinued precompiled on the prado but the numbers on them come up as discontinued but no size or other ones I can upgrade with.
I'll have to look again this weekend, like a dummy I didn't write it down.

I’m torn on an Ironman or the Dobinson. I see so many recommendations for the Dobs so I’m leaning hard that way. Not looking to do anything crazy, just want to bring it up and improve my ride. Is the IMS kit worth the extra money?

@SquirrelKZJ78, i have ProComps on my kzj78 import as well. I'm curious, did you do the comparison? What did you end up going with to give you the most plush ride on the road?

I ended up going with a 2.5" Dobinson coil spring and shock package lift kit with extended stabilizer links and an old man emu steering stabilizer
20240101_143819.jpg

IMG_8032.jpeg
I have a relatively new Kzj71 with Dobisons and it seems pretty stock height to me, somewhat concerned about firmest 33x10.5r15

IMG_8032.jpeg

You will scraping and rubbing your tires if you go wheeling like that - you need to lift it
That is my concern also. Wondering about a 2” lift or just go to regular 31x10.5 to save my fenders. 31 go pretty much anywhere here in NNM on my pickup and FJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom