Landcruiser from South America to Europe - WANTED! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The S80 "Venezuelan spec" was produced until 2007.

There are plenty for sale here:

http://www.tucarro.com.ve/toyota-TCIN.html

The basic model is called "Autana" the fully loaded is called "burbuja" They are sorted by name-year.

The problem with importing those to the US is that over there emission is not a requirement, and they don't come with the OBDII connection, which is a major problem in the US because you won't be able to pass the inspection.

I've heard people do it, but it is very expensive.

Not sure what the deal can be for Europe..

Nice looking rigs too. Almost breaks my heart to see so many '07 models for sale. To believe we didn't see one of these new after 97 is hard to believe. What was Toyota thinking?

Nice looking rigs too. Almost breaks my heart to see so many '07 models for sale. To believe we didn't see one of these new after 97 is hard to believe. What was Toyota thinking?

:( I think they were thing about mall cruisers.

It will be a good deal if you found a good price for one that it's in good shape .. most of 80 series down there are trully used .. and sometimes abused ..

Still have a good chance to source a good deal and with the black market for the money it will end nice ..

Today it's around 6BF per USD ..

It will be a good deal if you found a good price for one that it's in good shape .. most of 80 series down there are trully used .. and sometimes abused ..

Still have a good chance to source a good deal and with the black market for the money it will end nice ..

Today it's around 6BF per USD ..

but how do u read the money with so many zeros

for example converted to dollars what is Bs.F. 180.000,00 (Neg)

It is even better ! that universal converter is only given you the government "regulated" rate.

Let me explain. The Venezuela government is very screwed up since many years ago. Some may disagree, but let’s not get into politics. So several years ago the government regulated the purchase and sale of US$, and only allowing a certain amount of dollars to be purchased per Venezuelan per year.

Well, needless to say that the government allowance is not enough and people need more dollars. Therefore an un-official "parallel" market was created. Basically if I have US$ I'll sale it to any Venezuelan that is willing to pay the "free market" fair price.

With that said, currently the government regulated rate is

2.15 Bs.F = 1 US$

Off course, any foreign national will be bringing cash !, so you would not sale it to the government, you'll sale it in the parallel market. The rate fluctuates due to market conditions, but for estimation purposes you can use:

5.0 Bs.F = 1 US$

Foreign people basically double their purchasing power when they visit Venezuela.

Also, remember that is Spanish numbers a "," is a "." and vice versa.

For example: Bs.F 200,000.00 (this is not Two Hundred, it is Two Hundred THOUSAND)

Now you are ready to look at prices and dream :clap:

It is even better ! that universal converter is only given you the government "regulated" rate.

Let me explain. The Venezuela government is very screwed up since many years ago. Some may disagree, but let’s not get into politics. So several years ago the government regulated the purchase and sale of US$, and only allowing a certain amount of dollars to be purchased per Venezuelan per year.

Well, needless to say that the government allowance is not enough and people need more dollars. Therefore an un-official "parallel" market was created. Basically if I have US$ I'll sale it to any Venezuelan that is willing to pay the "free market" fair price.

With that said, currently the government regulated rate is

2.15 Bs.F = 1 US$

Off course, any foreign national will be bringing cash !, so you would not sale it to the government, you'll sale it in the parallel market. The rate fluctuates due to market conditions, but for estimation purposes you can use:

5.0 Bs.F = 1 US$

Foreign people basically double their purchasing power when they visit Venezuela.

Also, remember that is Spanish numbers a "," is a "." and vice versa.

For example: Bs.F 200,000.00 (this is not Two Hundred, it is Two Hundred THOUSAND)

Now you are ready to look at prices and dream :clap:

Thanks for the time to explain, i guess it brought me back to reality, i was ready to go to Venezuela to buy a 2006 manual diff-locked 80, but at 40k it's not cheap anymore, i would buy a 70 series from Saudi Arabia,

so 200.000,00 bolivars is effectively $40k at market rate, and $100k at gov rate am i correct

Thanks for the time to explain, i guess it brought me back to reality, i was ready to go to Venezuela to buy a 2006 manual diff-locked 80, but at 40k it's not cheap anymore, i would buy a 70 series from Saudi Arabia,

so 200.000,00 bolivars is effectively $40k at market rate, and $100k at gov rate am i correct

Correct. Another government move was that recently they changed the local currency and eliminated 3 zeros. Before is used to be Bs., and it is called Bs.F

1000 Bs = 1 Bs.F

This created a huge inflation that the economy hasn't adjusted to it yet.

Correct. Another government move was that recently they changed the local currency and eliminated 3 zeros. Before is used to be Bs., and it is called Bs.F

1000 Bs = 1 Bs.F

This created a huge inflation that the economy hasn't adjusted to it yet.

just like what happened to turkey, once u eliminate zeros inflation sets in.

my beloved '92 fzj-80 carbed locked-manual 1fzf will suffice for now, until i get a 70 from our neck of the woods.

i thought the prices were too good to be true at almost $9k and it is ridiculous at $90k.

from pictures Venzeuala seems like a beautiful country, hopefuly next yr i will get to visit.

thanks for the heads up

As already mentioned above these prices are extremely high considering everything, 200,000 BF works out at £61,000 British Stirling .......I can buy a 2009 LC200 for £55,000 !! so does not really make a Latino 80 too appealing after all........ :-( here I was planning a trip to venezuela to buy half a dzen 80s........not anymore.

As already mentioned above these prices are extremely high considering everything, 200,000 BF works out at £61,000 British Stirling .......I can buy a 2009 LC200 for £55,000 !! so does not really make a Latino 80 too appealing after all........ :-( here I was planning a trip to venezuela to buy half a dzen 80s........not anymore.

do u like the 70 series u will find a lot in Saudi Arabia and gulf countries, i might get a fzj 76, very similar to the 80 drive train wise, but a narrower body and some come diff locked and oem winched, they have some deisels as well, and prices are tax free, about $30k for 2008.

do u like the 70 series u will find a lot in Saudi Arabia and gulf countries, i might get a fzj 76, very similar to the 80 drive train wise, but a narrower body and some come diff locked and oem winched, they have some deisels as well, and prices are tax free, about $30k for 2008.

Yes I do like the 70s but I have a number of people interested in buying LHD diesel 80s which I cannot get from Arabs. :(

fghanem - What is a diesel LJ78 worth in Lebanon at the moment? 1992-1994, any idea?

78's and 70's in general are scarce here u see them with UN. or red cross only and they r bare bones no lockers or oem winches, unlike the pickups u see in saudi, but otherwise i haven't seen any here with joe public, in Saudi u see the pickups they r a dime dozen, and with companies u see the 76 which i like, more than the troopie, but this is me.

Lebanon has no diesel cars which sucks, they say it's not eco-friendly (as if)

if u want 70's u have to buy from arabs, at least the LHD ones

What happend in Venezuela, it's with the local currency droping all the time .. BsF, they all are buying things .. one good thing there it's buy a Cruiser .. and after a year or 2 can sell it with 20% of profitt .. ( even with a couple of hunderds of km on it .. )

2006 and 2007 was a good time to buy Toys down there .. I was seen if I can found a nice FZJ71 around 80 and 90k Bs .. ( was around 20k USD or less .. good deal at this time ).

Hello Faz,

You can also source these Cruisers in Ecuador, Peru and Chile. Newer model Series 70 are still being sold in Bolivia.

Toyota dealers in South America sold a mix of Japanese/Venezuelan/Colombian Series 70/80s. Depending on the model you want, it is possible to find one in decent shape for anything between US$ 8,000 to US$ 30,000 (for a low-km 2006.)

Venezuela-produced Land Cruisers are as good as their Japanese counterparts; I understand they are becoming harder to find (and pricey) outside Venezuela now that production has ended.

For some reason, only gas-powered models were sold in this market. However, there are a few dieselers and you might get one.

My two cents.

JuanJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom