1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landcruiser and Norton motorcycle

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by David*BJ70, Jul 18, 2005.

1. David*BJ70

David*BJ70 Looking forward to reach the end of the world

Here a picture of my Landcruiser with my father's 1956 Norton (750cc (?) No speedometer !). The motocycle was store since 25 years. I pickup the bike this weekend and I will rebuild it with my father during the next few months.

Anyone know go forum site for the Norton ?

2. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

All I know is that such a rebuild on your Dad's old bike .. with him along side you is a rare treasure in itself. Take pics ..

Something else we often over look .. conversation. You may laugh but I've done this when hiking on the west coast, and a number of other times in my life . I've kept a tape recorder going in the background. Recording conversations as I hike along, or sit around a campfire. If a picture is worth a thousand words .. imagine what a thousand words are worth ...

Peace,

TY

3. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

I'm no mathmatician(or spelling bee chmpion) but isn't there some sort of transative property or something that would support my belief that a thousand words would be worth a picture. It would be somewhat cool though to have some recordings. As for conversations during hiking? I have mixed feelings on that one I recall many years ago hiking along with about 8 people. This girl in front of me was incessantly commenting on every root, stone, spider, leaf, etc. after about 5 minutes I said I'll catch up with you guys and hung back.....Ah....quiet.....

On the other hand...

My dad made a recording of me singing some kids songs (when I was about 7. It is hysterical to here those 33 years later....

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Transitive property .. funny chit

Thats what I'm talkin about .. the songs you sang when you were 7. Gems for sure.

I took a recorder when myself and 2 friends hiked the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island 20 yrs ago. Every nite and morning I recorded a journal, as well as campside chat at nite. One day I'll dig it out and sit down with a glass of port. Also nice to invite over the others to share in the memories..

Poor mans home movies ..

TY

5. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    I dont know much about Nortons,but they used some cool chicks in the 70s to sell their bikes:D From the Ontario Owners club

http://www.ontarionortonowners.org/nortonads.html

6. Rugster

Rugster

I might be wrong but I don't think Nortons were 750cc in 56 and the frame should be a "feather bed" in 56.. the one pictured isn't a feather bed frame..

7. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    Those old Nortons are cool. Some guy in I think Washington bought the rights and is producing them.

BTW how fast is that 70 with a trailer and box on the roof? :eek:

8. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    Hardtail that bad boy and build a badass bobber out of it. Nothing is as cool to me as European bobbers. Nortons, BSA's, Triumphs and Enfields rock! Do a search on ebay for Triumph bobbers and check out some of the cool chit you can build. That, or go old school cafe racer with it.

9. John E Davies

John E Davies

10. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

About 7 years ago I had the same model Landcruiser as you and a Norton Commando. The commando is 800cc - yours looks like a single to me. Good bike.

If you need parts try www.ebay.co.uk there are always bits for sale here in the UK

11. David*BJ70

Not so bad... but accelaration is pretty poor ! and ±13,2L / 100km

The box on the roof make not to much resistance... Anyway, I need it because family with 2 kids !

12. David*BJ70

After 25-26 years store in a garage, I was pretty surprised ! Brake still working, the clutch still working (but it slip a little) and the motor was not stuck. Hey, and it still have air in the front tire :) !

BTW thank you all for the link.

Some pick of it in the next month (...but not before the winter...)

Bye.

13. David*BJ70

1956... honestly... I'm not sure is a 1956... I have to check on the registration paper...

Maybe someone know what year it is... ?