Landcruiser 76 suspension, what do u recommend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, hope u are all fine and enjoying your day.
I have a landcruiser 76 grj 2018, i had it brand new from the dealer in my country 2 years ago, and now i decided it is time to change the suspension on it.
Allow me to take some of your time to explain what i noticed in it and what i want.

What i noticed :
-First the obvious one, it is a little bit harsh on the road especially when off roading, i find my self thrown all over the place on harsh tracks, but on raod not really bad.
-Second is the stability of the truck, when i turn it leans too much to be comfortable with, also i have an alloy roofrack and i can shack the vehicle by grasping it one hand pretty easy.
-Third, it is sagging a little bit, and the right side is sagging too, i don't know why is that?

What i want with the new suspension:
-First i want to fix the mentioned issues, better ride quality on and off road, more stability, and nicer look without it sagging
-Second, i have stock tyers, which i think is 31', i want to put bigger ones by 33' only, it is petrol and all ready thirsty :)
-Third, i want to raise it at the back more than the front, some guys told me to put more heavy loading leaf springs, but I think it will make the ride harsh again, is there any other way?

So back to the point, what do u recommend?
With all these companies advertise them self being the best, i am totally lost!!
I am thinking about "tough dog"
And interested in "king shocks" too

Finally, i am sorry to put a long post like this, but bear with me i am new here 😇
Thank u 🌷

I made a combination of Dobinson front coils with rear OME spring packs and Superior Engineering Shocks .. ( couple of other items from them ).

I hate the sting bug style but the rear lifted its much more easy to archive than my a leveled stand that I got ..

If you have no extra weight in the rear even the softest option for lifted spring packs in the rear will give you at least 2" - 3" extra of lift ..

Use 2" in front and you are set ..

The best compromise in compfort and stability I've got always from OME ..

But note " comfort " in a 70 series .. don't think so .. unless you go rear coil conversion.

Welcome. You might get more feedback from some of the Australian 70 series Facebook groups. Post up a picture since we all like pictures, especially vehicles we can’t get here in North America.

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes u are right, but I'm a bit busy and lazy, so i tried searching on Google and all i got was some online advertising for shocks and whatever, yes i remember searching about it two years ago there was a topic recommending tough dog.
And hear are some pictures 🌹
IMG_20200625_004553.jpg
IMG_20200625_004521.jpg
IMG_20200625_004225.jpg

I made a combination of Dobinson front coils with rear OME spring packs and Superior Engineering Shocks .. ( couple of other items from them ).

I hate the sting bug style but the rear lifted its much more easy to archive than my a leveled stand that I got ..

If you have no extra weight in the rear even the softest option for lifted spring packs in the rear will give you at least 2" - 3" extra of lift ..

Use 2" in front and you are set ..

The best compromise in compfort and stability I've got always from OME ..

But note " comfort " in a 70 series .. don't think so .. unless you go rear coil conversion.

Thanks for sharing your set up
And it is really interesting
And you are right about the comfort with 70 series
To be honest i fitted "tough dog" in the end because of the reviews of fellow 70 series owners in my country, and there was a special offer on them to be fitted this week only free of charge, which is gonna save me more than 200usd
I fitted 45mm adjustable shocks with light spring front and medium load (300kg-500kg) in the rear,
I was sceptical with the rear load rate, but i wanted it to be raised and the dealer told me it will not affect the comfort in the ride
Seriously i think it made the ride more bouncy
I think if i swap it with light laod (0-300kg) might be better
Or i have to adjust the shocks better, I'm not sure
Anyway, these are the measurements of the hight before and after.
IMG_20200622_191336.jpg

I went to with the lightest possible spring pack in the rear ..

I like the rear to be much more light than the front even although that's a tough task with the 70 series suspension

I'm happy with Dobinson 60 mm lift on my LJ77.

I do not have a roof top tent or any weight to make the vehicle top heavy.

I am running 33" tires.

10531.jpeg
10598.jpeg

I'm happy with Dobinson 60 mm lift on my LJ77.

I do not have a roof top tent or any weight to make the vehicle top heavy.

I am running 33" tires.

View attachment 2352422View attachment 2352423

Nice truck u have there
As always the 70 series with wheel lift 😁
To be honest i like the look of the car without roofrack, but i have to use that extra space in the top
So i fitted ironman alloy roofrack, which weight about 25 kg
I don't like roof top tent, especially in our region we don't use them that much

I've had the coils almost a year. Load capacity would be equal to the original Toyota springs.

You would need to contact Dobinson if you are looking for something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom