Landcruiser 105 Auto to Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone!
I have a 1Fz-Fe 105 auto and am contemplating doing a manual swap and have a couple of questions.
If I swap a H series Transmission in do I need to do some chassis modding to make it fit?
Where is the TCM located for the GXL model?
Is the input shaft splines the same for the h series and r series?
What do I need to change to do a Part time Transfer swap?

Thanks

Has anyone converted from automatic to manual transmission on a land cruiser 100 4.2 diesel 2000?. kindly advice if there are any drastic alterations or it's a strait swap. Unable to find a good condition automatic replacement around my country Kenya, and prices are too high for the ones avallable.

VX Gearbox work.jpg

VX Gearbox work1.jpg

VX Gearbox work2.jpg

Part time; Marks Adaptors in Melbourne have a kit, reasonably easy to install if you're handy with a spanner and socket.

Auto to manual, IMHO not worth it, it's a fair bit of cost and mucking around. Sell yours and buy a manual, or find a wrecked 105 manual to get everything you need all together.
But as you asked;
So long as it's a H151F from an 80 or 105, with the T/Case it'll work. You may find a factory part time case, which will save you the cost of the Marks kit.
R gearboxes are for celicas, Toyota embarrassed themselves putting it in the Cruiser, well, I guess it matched the mistake that was the 1HZ, sorry, I digress... You'll also need the wiring loom and ECU from a manual 105, which isn't something normally sold loose. You could probably get the base model Haltech Elite standalone, for less than a loom/ECU from Toyota. There's plenty of extra power from 105 1FZ's, even without a turbo, from a proper tune.
Transfer case moves, so too does the crossmember, you'll also need drive/tail shafts, clutch pedal and master cylinder, brake pedal, all from a manual 105.

Out of interest, why the swap??

Thanks, I've also confirmed it may not be worth it, with all modifications suggested. So where do I import a replacement from to Kenya?

My reply was actually to the original poster.
I only know of one company that ships worldwide out of Australia, they're called Wholesale Automatics.

Another thought is some of the Arab countries have good pricing on Toyota factory parts, location wise, that makes more sense than shipping out of Australia.
It would be new only as the ME didn't get Diesels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom