1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landbetween the lakes Sept 1st threw 4th wana play?

Discussion in 'KY- Bluegrass Cruisers' started by WckedMidas, Aug 25, 2006.

1. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

Hello my names William. I been a member for around a year now and own a fj-62. I am going to be in the land between the lakes area from the 1st till the 4th of sept. Unfortunately i will not be in my cruiser but will be in a heep. And was wondering if there was anybody down that way that could possibly show me some wheeling places. The jeep will be rolling on 33s. Not looking to do anything crazy. But i am use to wheeling at paragon and such. Anyways anybody up for a day of wheeling?:cheers: :bounce: :bounce2:

You may even get the enjoyment of showing alittle heep up. And if i get stuck i will let u take my pic snaching me out:eek:

2. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

3. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

are ya gonna be camping somewhere in the area

4. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

yeah i will be camping but i wont no where till i get there. For some stupid reason we always figure out where to sleep at last minute. You got any recomendations about campgrounds in the area?

In case anyones wondering the jeep has 4 inch lift and . Curently as of today finaly mounted 33 12/50s. No lockers.

5. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

you can camp at turkey bay if you're ok with primitive,Rushing Creek is just inside the Tennessee line & is a pretty decent place to stay.Its been a while since I've been there but if memory serves they do have showers available.I'm also sure you know you need a permit for Turkey Bay.Check at LBL.org

6. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

hey man,
    sorry i was out of whack on my thinking.a buddy reminded me a place at Fenton thats just up the road from Turkey Bay.again check lbl.org

7. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

i was searching google maps and was wondering if im corect that right outside of fenton looks like trails on googles satalite maps. and i corect?

The pirmit you were talking about is that for camping or trail rideing ?

I can deal with primitive if i got a shower . If not i take my bath in a creek no biggie :}

8. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

permit is for trail riding at turkey bay,also there are a number of dirt roads in the area that are considered legal as long as they are numbered.you can also pick up a legal road map about anyplace at lbl.you might also check there may be a big flea market at fenton on that weekend-make sure there will be a place to camp-you could even get a backwoods permit & camp about any where you wanted.are you coming down for the FJ trail team event sept 16-17?

9. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

i WISH I WAS COMEING DOWN FOR THE TRAIL TEAM.
    Im just going to lbl becauae ive never been there and love traveling. IM leaveing baltimore md on the 31st around 4 in afternoon. And will be driveing straight threw Till i get to lbl. Will be staying till the 4th of sept . But there a small chance i will leave lbl on the third so i can swing threw nashville and the smokeys on the way home.

I appreciate the heads up on the possible flemarket. will call latter today. And im probly gonna try for the back country permit for camping. Do you live in the area?

10. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

about 40 miles away in paducah,we are working to try & offer some dealer support fot the trail team.lbl is a nice area hope you enjoy.my family is going to the smokies in oct.its great down there.i'll prolly be at the flea sometime over the weekend with the wife.

11. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

how would you rate the trails in lbl in dificulty?
    Is it muddy downthere or been dry?any heads up i should?

12. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

just got a bunch of rain but lbl usually drains off pretty well.wish i could tell ya more about the trails,pobly been 15 yrs since i was there.used to have a tube frame vw buggy-great fun.i've checking with folks that go more often from what i can tell most are fairly tame.just try to make sure if any dirt roads you get on are numbered,i'm pretty sure any numbered road is legal.if ya like mountain biking we've got great single trac in the same area.take care traveling

13. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

hey man,
    my wife & i were just talking & she said the flea was not going to be at fenton this year.it would be a good place to camp.its very close to turkey bay.i'll likely be in the area this weekend,if i see a jeep with maryland plates i'll flag it over.by the way if you've never been to the smokies ya gotta go to Cade Cove while there-its great,happy travels

14. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

This is the heep im gonna be comeing down in. Only difence is it now has 33s and a black soft half top. IT has some paragon stickers and such on it also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    O by the way that trails is rattler up at paragon and we had 31s on the jeep.

How would u rate the dificulty of the trails

15. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

hey man,
    howd your trip go?

16. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sunday morning breakfast baby yum yum
    [​IMG]
    found this here in north carolina in one the indian reservations
    [​IMG]
    Had a good time. Thought i might roll the heep couple difrent times but nothing bad happen. Wheeled some on friday sat and sun Seen coyotee bobcats bison more buck deer then i ever seen in my life. Was like two bucks per single doe. mad turkeys. Them buggies they run down there were bad ass. thoughts for your input prior to me leaveing.

17. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

should have more pics in a bi probly tomorow. her camera is with her.

18. cruiserbent

cruiserbent

looks like ya had a good time,i'm looking forward to being there next weekend at the fj trail run

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">