Builds Land Crusher Build Thread - V2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These are on sale at home depot right now $50. Helps us short folk wrench:
View attachment 3216503
1673537333301.gif

My Delta radius arms just shipped! The current list of what needs doing, in no specific order:

- Weld the slotted radius arm mounts from the caster plates I removed.
- I have 4mm thick x 25mm wide x ~1ft long mild steel on it's way from McMaster Carr
- Change Diff oil and extend breather lines
- Install Delta radius arms and rear panhard correction bracket
- Oil pressure T plug to regain factory oil pressure function on cluster (T's with the aftermarket gauge i put in)
- Measure and order new front drive shaft
- Remeasure front caster for science (I'd like to validate some of the numbers in my table below and from post #199)
- Rebuild power steering pump

This is based on a bunch of poking around and calculating backwards using some "accepted" numbers. Plenty of assumptions included... like, the earth being an oblate spheroid, that I ate a decent breakfast this morning, and that I actually can do math. Take this with a grain of salt, it may be entirely wrong...
1674323027951.png

1674323164837.png

Last edited:
Sweet! Do these go freight? or can they ship standard carriers like FedEx and UPS?

Did you check the box for a death threat? Have you seen any odd vehicles driving up and down your street?
I heard DVS pressed in the bushings only halfway so that he’d have to buy a $300 bushing press tool kit from WitsEnd that will never be in stock again :rofl:

Nice!! That radius arm mount repair looks great.

Nice!! That radius arm mount repair looks great.

Thanks! I could have done a better job on the inside... but I don't have a mini belt sander or the right die grinder attachments right now, and I was lazy. I will watch for any cracks and fix as needed :)

Just took it for a test drive, the extended arms mad a big difference, less rubbing (didn't notice any yet) when turning and compressed (on the pinchweld).

With the longer shocks I am running I definitely noticed the panhard kick my ass around a bit on big bumps... the panhard correction bracket seems to be worth it! My only complaint is that the bolt mounting to the control arm should have come with a washer under the bolt head.

Thanks! I could have done a better job on the inside... but I don't have a mini belt sander or the right die grinder attachments right now, and I was lazy. I will watch for any cracks and fix as needed :)

Just took it for a test drive, the extended arms mad a big difference, less rubbing (didn't notice any yet) when turning and compressed (on the pinchweld).

With the longer shocks I am running I definitely noticed the panhard kick my ass around a bit on big bumps... the panhard correction bracket seems to be worth it! My only complaint is that the bolt mounting to the control arm should have come with a washer under the bolt head.
The malls ain't ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom