Land Cruisers Direct Status? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm just wanting to re-up this thread and ask if anybody has heard from @SteveJackson recently. I have been working with Steve for almost a year now. I got an 80 when I was living in Japan and he helped me bring it back when I came back this last summer. I was in regular contact with him until mid-Feb, and it has been radio silence since then. I am hoping that he is alright, and wondering if anyone here knows a good way to get in contact.
I’m in the same boat as you. I talked to him (he called) in early/mid Jan. I haven’t tried getting in touch since then, since we covered all I wanted at the time, but now I’m wanting to at least get a check-in, so… it sounds like I’d run into radio silence.

At this point I’d like to see if he could use some pro bono assistance with customer communications. There are a few simple tweaks he could make that would greatly improve current and hopeful customer satisfaction. Even a monthly update like “I didn’t find anything of reasonable quality this month” would assuage the majority of us.

Reactions: BCM
I've calling quasi-frequently about a vehicle listed as available on the site, and have written an email or two. Haven't heard back. It's a shame, as he seems to do a good job presenting the vehicles for what they are, and this would likely be a quick moving sale. Hopefully things smooth out for LCD.

Find an importer who wants to help you find your truck and earn your business. Seems like calling/emailing LCD is a dead end. Spend your money and time where it's effective.

Bryan at B-Pro was more than helpful with my purchase. Pleasure to deal with and communication was fantastic. B-Pro Auto JDM Imports 2020 - B-Pro Auto JDM Imports - https://b-pro.ca/

If you have outstanding money or other assets with Steve Jackson dba Land Cruisers Direct and have been unable to contact him, please PM me as soon as possible.

I have spoken to several others having significant communication issues with Steve. Several of us have experienced countless delays and been given excuses when we allegedly have trucks that have been stateside for months. The amount of money involved is north of $75,000.

We have retained an attorney whose first step was to send a letter. That letter was ignored. However, Steve has been active on Facebook, including updating pictures and commenting on posts as recently as last night.

As stated above, we are looking for anyone in a similar position, so that we can show a pattern, even if you are not interested in becoming involved in the litigation.

An update from my end. I am calling @SteveJackson daily, multiple times a day, typically leaving one message a day. I do not get an answer or a call back. Now that I hear he is alright, I am wondering what is going on with my Land Cruiser. All I want is my Land Cruiser, I thought it would be easy with him, but I guess that was a false hope. Hopefully this can resolve itself soon.

An update from my end. I am calling @SteveJackson daily, multiple times a day, typically leaving one message a day. I do not get an answer or a call back. Now that I hear he is alright, I am wondering what is going on with my Land Cruiser. All I want is my Land Cruiser, I thought it would be easy with him, but I guess that was a false hope. Hopefully this can resolve itself soon.
Yea, I have paid in full and have not been able to make contact since mid last year. My truck was supposed to be here in February. I either need my money or my truck. It’s a shame having to run someone down trying to get what you bought and paid for. I am customer service and I’d lose a customer in a heartbeat if I did communicate on a regular basis, let alone, ignore in mass the total customer base. Shame hey.

Yea, I have paid in full and have not been able to make contact since mid last year. My truck was supposed to be here in February. I either need my money or my truck. It’s a shame having to run someone down trying to get what you bought and paid for. I am customer service and I’d lose a customer in a heartbeat if I did communicate on a regular basis, let alone, ignore in mass the total customer base. Shame hey.
Man really sorry to hear this.
I hope you get it straightened out soon!!!

Man that is rough, though I guess I am in a similar boat. I just bought the car and used it for 5 years in Japan before moving back, and paid him to import it for me. I'll keep updating here if anything changes. Hopefully we can figure this out. I just want my Land Cruiser, no questions asked at this point.

I spoke with AH94. He is a class act. If you have paid and not received your truck or have a similar problem, DM him. He is serious about getting this made right.

Tiffany,
I couldn’t imagine what you all have gone through and then having to type that out or explain it to people you don’t even know.

@AH94 , if you knew this and kept pressing on with an attorney, I don’t consider you part of the land cruiser family.

@tjacks As a customer of @SteveJackson , I have nothing negative to say about his business. He was so easy to deal with and would do it again. That is why all the recent negative posts about him and his business was so surprising to me. You shared more information than we need to know but thank you for the clarification. I wish your family nothing but good luck getting it all sorted out.

Tiffany,

I hate it. If someone would have answered one of numerous calls and emails from myself, this could have been avoided.

I’ve paid in full and have not heard anything since July of last year.

Put yourself in my shoes.
I put my faith in your husband and have not heard word one since last July.

If someone would have given me a situation report, I as well as the other guys, would not have aired out our dirty laundry. No one has reached out to me and told me anything about my truck.

Even after I’ve called, emailed, texted, Instagramed, and communicated on every other platform your on.

Literally all you would have to do was give me a 2 minute call on where my truck is and the projected time of import. I was told February of 22 the truck would be on US soil. That was In July of 21 when Steve was happy to take the full payment.

It has never been personal nor will it be, but if I treated my customers the way I have been treated, I would have lost all of them and my business along with it.
I’ve had a best friend die, and other hardships since I bought this truck, but the show has to go on.

I am not making light of your situation as I’m a father. But business and personal are two different worlds.

An emotional appeal is just that. We didn’t ask for your tragedy to befall your family.

It’s sad and maybe if someone would have reached out over the previous 9 months and at least told us what was going on, we might have not brought this to a public forum.

But with no one answering calls or emails, what else should I have done? I never knew anything good or bad. Just no answer. For going on 9 plus months.

I’m a private person. I hate having to make this public as much as anyone. But I have been left with no choice.

Show me where Steve has made contact with me about my truck. Show this thread.

I’m not blaming personal misfortunes for my professional shortcomings. I just want what I contractually agreed to. My truck. We all want our trucks.

All of that said, if I do not receive specific performance of the contract(my truck), I will continue to pursue any and all civil and criminal remedies available to me.

TST

Hello Tiffany,

I am saddened by your family tragedy. That is basically the worst thing I could imagine happening and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

I wish that you would have reached out to me, either through this platform, or email or phone and explained your situation. I would have, and am happy to, listen to your situation and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Unfortunately, I haven’t heard from anyone with respect to my Land Cruiser work since the mid-February call that I previously mentioned. This is despite daily calls and messages, as well as emails, to LCD. I posted on MUD as a last resort since I hadn’t heard anything, and was getting pretty desperate to hear anything.

As I previously mentioned, I just want to hear about an update on the status of my Land Cruiser, so I can plan accordingly to come pick it up. All I want is my land cruiser back. I know there is still some work to be done that I discussed with Steve, but that was 2 months ago now.

I am glad that you can see my Cruiser, how does she look?

What I am asking of you, and/or Steve, now is to please reach out to me directly so we can have a conversation about the best way to move forward for everybody. I don’t know what that way is, but I am sure that if we talk we can figure out the best solution. Feel free to DM me on MUD, email me, or call me back from the number I leave on the LCD messaging system.

Again, I want to express my deepest sympathy for you and your family for the tragedy that has befallen you. I hope that we can work together soon.

Steve and Tiffany,

I had hoped that after my last post on this thread, you would have reached out. Public or private.

I just want my truck. I haven’t heard from anyone for 9 months. Can y’all email or respond?
To update me on my truck?

I am now asking as I need to know how to go forward legally. Your reaching out would go far.
TST

Steve and Tiffany,

I had hoped that after my last post on this thread, you would have reached out. Public or private.

I just want my truck. I haven’t heard from anyone for 9 months. Can y’all email or respond?

I am now asking as I need to know how to go forward legally. Your reaching out would go far.
TST
Steve has been very active (this week) on a post in Toyota Land Cruiser Association (TCLA) group on Facebook - may be an option to reach out via Facebook?

Last edited:
Steve and Tiffany,

TST
Did Steve or Tiffany get in contact with you since posted this?

Did Steve or Tiffany get in contact with you since posted this?
I have not heard word one from Steve or Tiffany. I’m kinda In disbelief that I was pretty honest and asked them to just contact me after 9 months.

Like I said, I just want my truck. But at this point it’s becoming a matter of principle.

Just communicate with me.

I’m giving it til the end of the week and then letting my lawyers make him and what’s left of his business a pet project.

I paid in full and I’ll be made whole one way or the other.

FFS, this is the most bizarre and disturbing thread I think I may have ever read on Mud.

😳

My gawd man, if their daughter was raped at school, unbelievable and sooooo unacceptable. We MUST not allow this to happen in our society, extremely uncool to say the least.

Good luck to all involved. Crazy man and if it was my child, I would be out for blood. 🤬

Cheers

I just don’t know what to say.
Having raised two children one a beautiful daughter. I guarded them fiercely and if that happened to my daughter I’d probably do something stupid too.
At the same time if you’re paying customers are being ghosted that’s not right either.
I hope the best for Steve his family during these healing and trying times.
And the best outcome for everyone involved.

I wanted to take a second to update the thread on my status.

SHORT VERSION:
I have talked with Steve recently, for the first time since mid-Feb. Extenuating circumstances, as highlighted in the thread, led to the delay in communication, which given the circumstances is understandable. It looks like I will be able to pick up my Cruiser soon. He helped me import my Cruiser and also has done a bunch of work on it. The final work is hopefully wrapping up this week and I can come grab it and finally be reunited with it.

LONG VERSION:
As I had previously mentioned, I have been working with Steve for almost a year now. I was living in Japan previously and bought an HDJ81 there. When I figured out I was moving home I contacted Steve, largely because of his reputation on MUD, to see if he could help me bring my Cruiser back for continued life in the states. He obliged and helped me get my Cruiser back stateside. I knew that my Cruiser needed some work so I asked Steve (again because of his reputation here on MUD) to look it over, fix what I knew was wrong (I have no idea what I am doing fixing stuff), and then also do preventative maintenance on what is likely to go wrong based on his experience. He obliged and has been working on it since it arrived in his shop.

Things have been a little slower than I would have liked, but we all know that there have been some extenuating circumstances. Firstly, COVID, the supply chain problems, and shipping issues have not helped the issue. Shipping back from Japan was delayed. Getting it from the port to his shop was delayed, and he worked to figure out a cheap solution for me as well since prices had ballooned. Getting parts needed for repairs was delayed. These were all out of Steve's (really anybody's) control. Then you add on the horrific personal trauma (I still don't know how to adequately express my horror at the situation), and the various delays get us to today.

Is this ideal, of course not. I don't think anyone here wishes any of this on anyone else. I certainly do not. I was in regular contact with Steve (again as originally posted), until mid-Feb. It isn't great for anyone that there were two months where I didn't hear anything from Steve. But given the personal circumstances, I will absolutely excuse it. We can always do better, I know I certainly can.

All I can say is that I hope Steve, Tiffany and their family can come out of their situation as best as can be. And, I will be reunited with my Cruiser soon. By the conversation that I had with Steve recently I am thinking that will be soon. I am excited to drive the new-and-improved version of my Cruiser.

As always, I will update again if there are any changes on my end. Please feel free to DM me if you want to get in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom