Land Cruisers Direct Status? (4 Viewers)

All,

I just want to talk to Steve about my truck. Get a sitrep, and take possession and part ways.

Like I said before until his wife made the post here I did not know anything about there issues.

If they would have or will contact me I would know. I’ve asked on various platforms for them to contact me.

The truck is paid in full.

Just tell me if you blew my money, sold my truck, or are staring at it.

I saved money for this rig. Everyone said use Steve and as soon as he got my money. Nothing. No comms.

I’m open to this thread if you were in my shoes, what would you do? Steve and Tiffany please chime in.

TST

I've been watching this thread for awhile, and I tried reaching Steve early on when I lost contact as everyone did.

I did a deal years ago with Steve, it took plenty of blind trust and commitment on both ends, and the deal worked through. It was very challenging technically, like a moon landing with that special unit that I sold to him.

His wife has detailed their family struggles on here for the world to see. That is more than I would want going around. I don't see what the mudslinging will achieve here for you. He's in a hard time right now of some form.

Bashing him online from your keyboard probably won't get your deal expedited or refunded any sooner. If it were a big pile of money, I would work out the cost of a flight to arrange a meeting, and to find it was only a few hundred dollars airfare to his shop. I would perhaps do that before getting too many lawyers involved.

If you're not willing to do that work, then I would say back off here. ih8mud isn't a shortcut to fixing major issues.

JapanO80s

SILVER Star
So an update from my end. I have my Land Cruiser. I actually got it a few weeks ago but have been super busy. My Cruiser is running great, had no problem on the 1700 mile drive back home. I am still dealing with the funny feeling of opposite drive side, but it is so nice to get the car back. All the work that was done makes it run even better than I remember from Japan. Steve did great on that front.

Yes, the communication could be improved, but given the situation it is entirely understandable, especially once things were cleared up. Who knows how things will be in the future, but I hope that things settle down quickly. I cannot speak for anyone else, but it seems that if one is willing to be patient, and deal with some communication delays, then you will get the good stuff. I hope everything settles down for all parties as soon as possible.

So an update from my end. I have my Land Cruiser. I actually got it a few weeks ago but have been super busy. My Cruiser is running great, had no problem on the 1700 mile drive back home. I am still dealing with the funny feeling of opposite drive side, but it is so nice to get the car back. All the work that was done makes it run even better than I remember from Japan. Steve did great on that front.

Yes, the communication could be improved, but given the situation it is entirely understandable, especially once things were cleared up. Who knows how things will be in the future, but I hope that things settle down quickly. I cannot speak for anyone else, but it seems that if one is willing to be patient, and deal with some communication delays, then you will get the good stuff. I hope everything settles down for all parties as soon as possible.
Glad to hear, and I hope your new cruiser treats you great. Would love to see some pics.

I'm curious - what did the communication from LCD side actually look like here? I (along with many others according to this thread) have been reaching out through every channel and getting radio silence consistently for months (while Steve holds a significant amount of money/deposits)..

I doubt there is a silver bullet here or secret communication method that Steve replies to, but I'm curious what to expect or what worked for you.

Land Cruisers Direct is still in business. I have been in contact with Steve once every few months. With all his struggles the last year or so he does manage to respond. All considered, it is better than I could do if I were in his shoes. He has MANY rigs in process, including mine. I bought mine from him in November 2021 and am having him customize a few things as well as The normal maintenance items he does. All of which are going to take time. I am in line behind several other guys. I also know that he is short staffed and knowing Steve, he’s probably been sleeping in his shop so he can get caught up. So if he can’t respond to one of my emails or calls, so what.. The guy is doing his best right now. From what he has told me about everything that’s going on in his life at the moment and all the work he’s got to get out the door, I’m amazed he’s doing as well as he is. And after I do get my truck, I plan on getting another one through him. out of all the importers I have talked to, Steve has been the most up front, and knowledgeable etc. I’d trust him before the others. He won’t sell you crap. He makes sure all his rigs are 100% before they leave his shop. That’s what I expect when I pay 25K plus. 100%. And I’ll be patient to get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom