Land cruiser wont start/turn over

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by A666, Jul 18, 2018.

1. A666

A666

Hello all,

I took my LC to the gas station, started and drove fine. However, when I returned and tried starting the thing it was completely dead. All electrics were running fine and there was no constant clicking like you would get from an almost dead battery. All that happens is once the key is fully rotated is one click and that's all. Tried bump starting but no luck. Could anyone have a clue what this could be?

Thanks

2. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

what kind of LC we are talking about .. ? model / engine ..?

after jump start starter turns .?

3. LINUS

LINUS Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Media:
    Albums:
    If you’re bump-starting, odds are you’re in a 40/50/60 - unless a custom/import 80 on up.

Have you done all the basics like really check the battery terminal connections, and also the ground from the battery to the body/motor?

What :banana: level do you consider yourself before we go much further?

4. LINUS

LINUS Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Media:
    Albums:
    Frankly it sounds like a poor connection, enough to get low amps & run the low level equipment, but either the heat ate the battery (usually shows up in winter, but heat kills the battery over cold) - but you’re not getting enough amps to the starter either because of a zapped battery or poor connection.

Or, if you get past all that & think you’re good, smack the starter with a hammer a couple times. It might just be stuck/going out.

HARDGEAR likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.