Land Cruiser vs Range & Land Rover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you know, you know. James Bond knows.

Granted I have no idea or experience with merchandising in movies, but I wonder why Land Rover would agree to have an "old Toyota" beat the crap out of the "new Defender" and RRs in such a high profile movie. They heavily used the movie as a promo for the Defender, so I imagine paid good money for it and would have a say on it. I doubt Toyota paid the same...if paid anything at all.

Granted I have no idea or experience with merchandising in movies, but I wonder why Land Rover would agree to have an "old Toyota" beat the crap out of the "new Defender" and RRs in such a high profile movie. They heavily used the movie as a promo for the Defender, so I imagine paid good money for it and would have a say on it. I doubt Toyota paid the same...if paid anything at all.
probably better than if the new ones had been beaten up by an old RR?

Assume you all have seen this. There are several parts to it. They basically know in the UK that Toyota’s are almost indestructible.

My guess the Bond movie is taking the Mickey out of Land & Range Rover, which is a typical British approach to make fun of things.

^^^Why I will never part with my 2000 Tacoma TRD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom