Land Cruiser Shops? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depends on what issues you are having, but we haven’t been able to find anyone that is familiar with Land Cruisers. Unfortunately, that includes the Toyota dealership. Which is surprising since they are pretty easy to work on. We’ve found that the only way to do it right is to do it yourself, with the help of this forum and the factory service manual you should be able to accomplish most things....at least that’s how it has been for us. What kind of things do you need done?

Aloha, rather than starting a new thread, I figured I’d just resurrect this old one. I just bought a 98 LX and wanted to take it to get fully serviced. Any recommendations? I’m not too handy, unfortunately.

Pretty much what everyone else said - I've had to do all my own stuff and now I'm a YouTube mechanic! Yours is new enough to take it just about anywhere. I've heard good things about Servco Toyota and Lex Brodie's. Also, there's a car club meet up at Sears Auto Center Pearlridge on Saturday, Nov 23rd at 3pm. There will be a lot of Toyota enthusiasts and mechanics there that would likely be happy to drum up some business and probably have more Toyota-specific knowledge than a generic shop.

Brandon

Pretty much what everyone else said - I've had to do all my own stuff and now I'm a YouTube mechanic! Yours is new enough to take it just about anywhere. I've heard good things about Servco Toyota and Lex Brodie's. Also, there's a car club meet up at Sears Auto Center Pearlridge on Saturday, Nov 23rd at 3pm. There will be a lot of Toyota enthusiasts and mechanics there that would likely be happy to drum up some business and probably have more Toyota-specific knowledge than a generic shop.

Brandon
Awesome, mahaloz. Will try to make it out there next Saturday for sure

Where do you guys take your cruisers? I have some things on my list that are just outside the realm of capability because of time, space, resources, etc. Thanks!
I go to either Jesse at Waipio Auto Home - Waipio Auto Repair or Robert at Top Quality Auto in Wahiawa Home | Top Quality Auto / Tire City of Hawaii. They're not LC specific but have been TLC owners in the past and they charge a fair price if, like me might want to wrench your LC but sometimes don't have the time. Aloha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom