Land Cruiser shock tower brace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried a shock tower brace on their Land Cruiser? I see them advertised on E Bay and wondered if they actually helped? I had one on a Mustang and it helped.

Here is adds description:

Advantages:
Reduce body roll up to 40%
Improve your car handling and stability
Improve braking performance
Reduce chassis flex and noise
Improve safety
Maintenance free
s-l500.jpg

It seems like it would not make any difference at all, and if anything just be a nuisance having to remove it when you want to work on the engine. 100 series cruisers have a double wishbone suspension in the front, and the point of a strut brace is to dissipate the vertical suspension forces on cars with struts (no upper control arms) because the strut towers have a tendency to flex. Just my $0.02

Last edited:
Has anyone tried a shock tower brace on their Land Cruiser? I see them advertised on E Bay and wondered if they actually helped? I had one on a Mustang and it helped.

Advantages:
Improve safety
Maintenance free
View attachment 1482907

Somebody please explain to me the physics of how tying the fenders together is going to have any effect at all on "body roll", "braking performance", "chassis flex", and "safety" on a nearly 3 ton, body on frame SUV?

Last edited:
Pointless on a body-on-frame truck. Mostly pointless on any other modern cars, modern unibodies are pretty darn stiff from the factory.

Advantages:
Improve safety
Maintenance free

Our LC/LX is over 5K lbs with big fat tires, and has high center of gravity. The car is just not made for taking a corner at high speed.

I wonder how they come up with "reduce body roll up to 40%" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom