Land cruiser seat height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Finally in a position to buy a 200 series. Just went and test drove a 2016 and love it.
I was looking for the forums advice on seat height. I am right at the edge of what I’d call comfortable sitting in the drivers seat. Don’t fit in the back bench at all head hits the ceiling. But for the drivers seat have any of you guys taken one out etc. what are the odds of me being able have a shoplower the seat rails or something along those lines by an inch or so? Any chance or is there no chance. I am okay with spending a grand or so having a shop do it, but I didn’t get a chance to look under there and see if it was even feasible.

Thanks,
Mike

I remember this being discussed before but can't remember exactly what options ya have. @bjowett might know of a way to change out the mounts with a different set etc...

Thank you I’ll try a search again, I had looked but not found one for the 200

edit: found a thread asking about it as well but no conclusive answers

Last edited:
I have the torso of a 6'5" guy (but I’m only 6’3”...so I have a weirdly long torso)...and fit well with the driver's seat to it's lowest, and the thigh support to its highest. Then just tip back a bit.

Don't forget that you can tip the 2nd row back. Makes a huge difference for tall folk.

Last edited:
X2 here... im 6'4 300lbs and i would love 1"

Some things i have pondered:

- using a Lexus LX seat, it appears to have a lower cushion height and thigh extenders. Probably uses the same connectors
- pulling the headliner, there is close to 1" of foam in that have that thinned out
- have the seat foam reduced (scary, i did that ont he recaros in my CTSV and ruined the AC seats)
- is there something that can be done with he seattracks?

I really wish you could get it without the sunroof, that would fix it all.

Im will to spend $$$

Im not far from west coast customs, i may see what they think

I am calling some shops today, I don’t want to mess with the stock seats any more then needed. Ideally I’d like to find a shop that can cut/ remake or modify the seat brackets but I don’t know if it’s possible. I have the same issue where I have the torso of someone 6’6” it sucks.

X2 here... im 6'4 300lbs and i would love 1"

Some things i have pondered:

- using a Lexus LX seat, it appears to have a lower cushion height and thigh extenders. Probably uses the same connectors
- pulling the headliner, there is close to 1" of foam in that have that thinned out
- have the seat foam reduced (scary, i did that ont he recaros in my CTSV and ruined the AC seats)
- is there something that can be done with he seattracks?

I really wish you could get it without the sunroof, that would fix it all.

Im will to spend $$$

Im not far from west coast customs, i may see what they think

I am calling some shops today, I don’t want to mess with the stock seats any more then needed. Ideally I’d like to find a shop that can cut/ remake or modify the seat brackets but I don’t know if it’s possible. I have the same issue where I have the torso of someone 6’6” it sucks.
Let me know what get you do, i would appreciate the ideas!

I know this is a couple years late, but did anyone have luck with lowering the seat/moving it further back? Just picked up a 200 and would like to be a little further from the roof if I can. Thanks!

I know this is a couple years late, but did anyone have luck with lowering the seat/moving it further back? Just picked up a 200 and would like to be a little further from the roof if I can. Thanks!
Apologies as well, but I thought I'd give this thread a bump instead of creating another and see if anyone has found any solutions.

I know from installing seat covers that there seems to be very little space underneath the 200 front seats. I was hoping for a couple of inches, but I think I'd be happy with one.

I agree with the sentiment that a model with no sunroof would have been optimal. A sunroof here in northern MN is only usable for about 3 weeks a year, anyway 😎.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom