Land cruiser saved my brothers life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Really bad accident today on our way to north Georgia. He was ahead of me, I was driving my 80.

I think he blacked out, then the swerve, guardrail for 300 feet, shredded, 1/4 mile twist and turn and it stopped.

He’s in emergency room. I’m just shook up.

Jaws of life to open it up. That door saved him.
51E97EA9-7ABB-4E59-8A60-BB4CBCB9EFD4.jpeg
A5EBE658-7DCB-4AFA-B58B-24D493A781E2.jpeg
8D29C9B9-E986-4418-A006-EE80E472EB6F.jpeg
A12D8DE0-466A-4D06-B544-AC0B0A0ABA58.jpeg

Last edited:
My initial thoughts are for your brother, wishing for the best news and a quick recovery.

You guys are fortunate that the barrier worked as designed and that it had the safety device fitted that slides along the rail and prevents intrusion into the cabin. That can go very bad very quickly otherwise. Seems like the perfect storm of good things saved him today. I can't imagine seeing that happen to a loved one right in front of you. You guys both take care of yourselves, we're all a big family here.

Oh my. Very sorry to hear. I sure hope there are more plans for your brother and he gets fixed up soon.

Thanks everyone. Brother is in icu, wait and see. Off for cat scan now. Praying all is ok. They kicked me out for 90 minutes so I’m waiting ...

Called USAA to begin that dance. I’m guessing it’s totaled though right? Luckily I just finished the full restore and have receipts. Cross fingers.

Land cruiser did what it was designed to do. Protect occupants. Quite well in fact.

They just confirmed no heart attack. Very low oxygen and fever. They think he passed out.

Prayers for your brother and fam! Wish nothing but speedy recovery.

It's got to be totaled. It looks like being up high helped too. No heart attack is great news, could be something simple, not counting the accident injuries of course. Best of luck to him.

The Cruiser held it together, for sure. Hope your bro comes out healthy and with good answers from the doctors. Thanks for sharing. That’s a beautiful 100, don’t let the insurance carrier push y’all around.

Random people you don’t know will be saying a prayer for your brother and your family tonight. Times like these puts our hobbies in a distant place of minor importance.

Hoping for a speedy recovery! The 100 can easily be replaced.

Hope all is well with your brother. Sorry about the cruiser.

Hope he's alright. Had a similar thing happen to me a few months back; got light headed while I was driving, blacked out, and woke up on the side of the road. Luckily my wife was with me and saved the day. Like your brother, I went to the ER, did some cardiac testing, and ended up with a clean bill of health. All that was out of the ordinary was a low grade fever and low heart rate.

The same thing happened to my brother in law a month later and he ended up on the side of the interstate. He had the same good fortune as me and had a passenger get them off the road safely. Scary stuff but if it helps at all, if he wasn't badly injured in the crash, I'd imagine he'll be fine.

Evidently this isn't uncommon. Things I learned considering that fact are: stay alert when driving in case it happens to someone else and you need to react, and have a plan in case it happens to you. If I ever get that feeling again (it's evident something's wrong before it happens), the plan is to hit the hazards and immediately get to the side of the road. The mistake I made was trying to get to a good area to turn. That doesn't work; best bet is to get the vehicle stopped immediately even if it's in the road. Better that, imo, than hitting something or someone at full speed.

Certainly didn't mean to make this about me just wanted to share what happened to a. give some assurance that your brother is most likely fine and b. let others know that it's good to have a plan in case it happens to you.

Prayers said for you both.

Well said. I am slowly finding out that this happens a lot more than some of us may be aware. I had no idea. The state trooper said he has seen a lot of these accidents and many of them end up much worse. I’m thankful that the Cruiser saved his life. I’m also very thankful that he didn’t injure anyone else.

still in the ICU. They said expect him to be in the hospital for at least a week. Hopefully we find out more this morning from the neurologist. They were a little concerned last night, and wanted to look at scans from this morning to see if things got better or worse.

Thanks to everyone who gave their prayers and well wishes. It is very appreciated.

Keep you posted.

Last update from the hospital. He's going to be there for a while still. Mostly for issues unrelated to the accident that need to be addressed. Hopefully not more than another week or so. Thanks everyone for their support, always appreciated.

shocking to hear about and see the unfortunate events, thinking about you your family and your brother. carbon monoxide and exhaust fumes in Ford Explorers have caused blackouts for consumers and police explorers. Ford initially blamed the 3rd party police equipment installed. one must be careful when drilling and installing anything. No doubt it saved his life and just the other day even prince William had a land cruiser motorcade of approximately 10 Landcruiser while visiting another country as the top choice for safety and security for royal assets .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom