land cruiser mechanic in philadelphia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone heard of any cruiser shops that are doing the Cummins R2.8 swap?

Definitely recommend Blair at Tommy's in West Chester
Does Tommy's work on all LC's? I have an 88 FJ62 myself and am real close to West Chester. I'm doing a ton of work myself, but want to get a good local Cruiser shop for larger issues that actually knows these beasts.

I have seen couple FJ80’s there been worked on. I haven’t physically taken mine to them for any works. One of my friend had his 100 series over there for water pump/Timing belt job. They did a good job.

I have seen couple FJ80’s there been worked on. I haven’t physically taken mine to them for any works. One of my friend had his 100 series over there for water pump/Timing belt job. They did a good job.
Great. Appreciate the info. I’ll definitely keep them in mind. Hope I don’t have any big jobs That I’ll need them for anytime soon though. Thanks again.

Does Tommy's work on all LC's? I have an 88 FJ62 myself and am real close to West Chester. I'm doing a ton of work myself, but want to get a good local Cruiser shop for larger issues that actually knows these beasts.
Yes, all TLCs. Blair is a great mechanic and honest, straight shooter. Highly recommend for any work you don’t want to do yourself.

Yes, all TLCs. Blair is a great mechanic and honest, straight shooter. Highly recommend for any work you don’t want to do yourself.
Yellow Jacket,
Awesome. Always great to hear recommendations from other LC owners. Much appreciated! Jaime

thanks for the write-up guys. Heading to Tommy's next week to have some new death wobble issues addressed. Guessing it's time to replace / repack wheel bearings but likely having TREs replaced as well...

Also, when I climbed under my truck to check it out, I also noticed it's time to replace the lower front seals... when it rains it pours, but it is 2020 after all

I was just looking for someone more knowledgeable than me to change my timing chain, front main seal, oil pump seal and whatever else is due. Good thread. I need to get on Keystone Cruisers page more often.

Maybe the wrong forum, but does anyone have any good body and paint shop recommendations in the Philly area? My 62 came from the West coast and had a few tiny rust spots, but I'm now starting to see little rust spots around the gas tank and rear windows. Not looking for a full rotisserie paint job, but more of a spot rust treatment and re-spray close to the OEM color. Thanks!

I'm in search of a mechanic in the greater Philadelphia area that has worked on transmissions. I've got a 1978 FJ40 and having some issues getting out of first gear. Thank you!

I'm in search of a mechanic in the greater Philadelphia area that has worked on transmissions. I've got a 1978 FJ40 and having some issues getting out of first gear. Thank you!
I should have thought of it last night when we spoke, I think @brian might be able to help you.

Maybe the wrong forum, but does anyone have any good body and paint shop recommendations in the Philly area? My 62 came from the West coast and had a few tiny rust spots, but I'm now starting to see little rust spots around the gas tank and rear windows. Not looking for a full rotisserie paint job, but more of a spot rust treatment and re-spray close to the OEM color. Thanks!
Yes.
Do you still need?

Yes.
Do you still need?
I'd be interested as well. The one body shop I went to in my area told me to just buy a whole new door and quarter panel. They don't do spot treatments.

Nick is out in Downingtown area. He's down a few cruisers and has been working on he's own 80 series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom