Land Cruiser / LX450 rear hatch differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone! Looking at buying a new hatch on my LX has some rust on it and I think it’s be easier to swap it out with a new one and cost less. But I’m curious on what the differences are and if there’s anything I should know before? Like it doesn’t have the 3rd break light in the window. I’d also like to know how hard is it to switch the badging out on it? Also has the mounts for thing, which I don’t want to run a ring, so what could I do to plug the holes?Down below is the one I’m looking at getting. TIA

38352F90-29BD-43BF-8379-250CCEC2E5CE.jpeg

00D8AABA-B1E0-4F44-906E-993F86A30E85.jpeg

The lexus hatch has holes where the L logo attaches under the key hole. Also, if your land cruiser badging is in good cosmetic shape take care to remove so that you can reuse. The replacement long Land Cruiser badge can be expensive. My 93 80 has an lx450 hatch. All of the interior stuff should move over from yours.

The lexus hatch has holes where the L logo attaches under the key hole. Also, if your land cruiser badging is in good cosmetic shape take care to remove so that you can reuse. The replacement long Land Cruiser badge can be expensive. My 93 80 has an lx450 hatch. All of the interior stuff should move over from yours.
Under the keyhole? There’s a keyhole on the hatch? 😅 The long Lexus badge on mine is in good shape, and I’d like to keep it. So it can be swapped over? Will the break just mount up then?

Oh sorry. I thought the picture was of your old hatch. If you're using a land cruiser hatch on your LX you will need to decide to drill holes for the L logo or to cut the tabs off the back and use adhesive to makes it stick.

The key hole I'm talking about is the key spot with the sliding cover. I cant recall the name of that thingamajig.

Oh sorry. I thought the picture was of your old hatch. If you're using a land cruiser hatch on your LX you will need to decide to drill holes for the L logo or to cut the tabs off the back and use adhesive to makes it stick.

The key hole I'm talking about is the key spot with the sliding cover. I cant recall the name of that thingamajig.
Oh my bad, maybe I wasn’t as clear, my bad. That is the one I’m looking at. Hmmm adhesive isn’t a bad idea. Is that the square box about in the middle of the window below it? If it is, I feel dumb 😂

The key hole is in the square box, the cover pivots to expose the key hole.... But you knew this...Right?

I have a spare hatch from when I replaced my rear window. I think it's from an LX. The badges are gold.

I'm taking all the badge$ off of it. $$$$$

My key only opens the driver door. And it's the only key for that lock. The other key is for the ignition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom