SOLD Land Cruiser LJ78 2L-TE Head Gasket and Valve Cover gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Toyota OEM 2LT 2LTE Engine Overhaul Gasket Kit 04111-54104 1990+
I collected the parts hoping to replace the head gasket due to over heating. But, when the head was taken out, it was cracked, therefore, I bought a complete 3L head with gaskets, therefore, now I have an original Toyota 2L-TE head gasket and Valve cover gasket.
1. The valve cover gasket was $98.70, and I will sell it for $50 plus shipping.
2. The Toyota OEM head gasket kit was $474.60, therefore, I will sell the head gasket only for $50.00 plus shipping.

LC JL78 2LTE Head Gasket.jpg

LC JL78 2LTE Valve cover gasket .jpg

Last edited:

Toyota OEM 2LT 2LTE Engine Overhaul Gasket Kit 04111-54104 1990+
I collected the parts hoping to replace the head gasket due to over heating. But, when the head was taken out, it was cracked, therefore, I bought a complete 3L head with gaskets, therefore, now I have an original Toyota 2L-TE head gasket and Valve cover gasket.
1. The valve cover gasket was $98.70, and I will sell it for $50 plus shipping.
2. The Toyota OEM head gasket kit was $474.60, therefore, I will sell the head gasket only for $50.00 plus shipping.

View attachment 2346155

View attachment 2346157
Do still have th valve cover gasket

I bought the Toyota original part#: 04111-54104. Its a 2LTE engine overhaul gasket kit, when I thought my head gasket was busted. When I removed the head, the head was cracked between the intake-exhaust value in each cylinder. Then I bought a complete 3L head from Australia, and used the head and valve cover (and many others) gaskets that came with the 3L head. I am unsure which company that actually made the gasket, but it was the Toyota OEM branded product. Thank you. See attached for communication with seller when I bought the gasket kit.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 8.37.06 AM.png

so will it fit any 2l or 3l cuz I dont know what size head I have previous owner said he upgraded to 3l head I won't be able to tell the difference
disclaimer: I am an amateur mechanic. I try to fix all I can but I am no expert. I had the original 2LTE head, and replaced it with a 3L head on the same original block. If both heads fit on the same block, the same gasket must fit both heads....this is my theory, right or wrong. (1) Why did I use the head gasket that came with the 3L head? It was thinker than the OEM. that was the only reason. They were a perfect match except for thickness. Why did I use the valve cover gasket that came with the 3L. They looked the same. I just picked the one in the 3L head kit. that is all. My block and the valve cover are original.

disclaimer: I am an amateur mechanic. I try to fix all I can but I am no expert. I had the original 2LTE head, and replaced it with a 3L head on the same original block. If both heads fit on the same block, the same gasket must fit both heads....this is my theory, right or wrong. (1) Why did I use the head gasket that came with the 3L head? It was thinker than the OEM. that was the only reason. They were a perfect match except for thickness. Why did I use the valve cover gasket that came with the 3L. They looked the same. I just picked the one in the 3L head kit. that is all. My block and the valve cover are original.
Ok tx for the explanation I am going to help you out i would just buy both from you even though I don't need the head gasket yet. let me know how much and how to transfer the money iam in toronto ontario so iam talking about canadian $$

Is US $50 (Canadian $65) plus shipping okay for you. BTW, I am not trying to make any money. I struggled to get parts and it was a struggle to learn how to fix the LC, as no diesel mechanic wanted to touch a Diesel Toyota. I bought a few parts from here, and I sold some parts here also. Many ih8mud member helped with directions to fix the LC. I think we are just trying to help each other. I am okay if these parts stay in my garage (however, it would be a sad situation if my new head blows 😢). the head gasket cannot be bent, so it will be a flat long box. I am not sure of postage costs, but I will used the regular postal service. you can use Venmo (@Dari-Desilva) or PayPal (daridesilva6@yahoo.com). It will ask for my phone. 720-233-4280.

Is US $50 (Canadian $65) plus shipping okay for you. BTW, I am not trying to make any money. I struggled to get parts and it was a struggle to learn how to fix the LC, as no diesel mechanic wanted to touch a Diesel Toyota. I bought a few parts from here, and I sold some parts here also. Many ih8mud member helped with directions to fix the LC. I think we are just trying to help each other. I am okay if these parts stay in my garage (however, it would be a sad situation if my new head blows 😢). the head gasket cannot be bent, so it will be a flat long box. I am not sure of postage costs, but I will used the regular postal service. you can use Venmo (@Dari-Desilva) or PayPal (daridesilva6@yahoo.com). It will ask for my phone. 720-233-4280.
Used

Your right about the mechanics here dont want to service import diesel any way I used the google to calculate the cost see attached for both gaskets+shipping it will 163 Canadian iwil round it off and give you 165 you can ship it on regular post as I am not in rush

Screenshot_20201119-183424_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom