Land Cruiser leans to the right (PS) and pulls left (DS) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ISSUE:
93 Cruiser LHD leans to the right and pulls left

SPECS:
2.5 OME Medium
Nitrocharger Sports
30mm front coil spacers
Yokohoma Geolanders 315 75 R16

DESCRIPTION:
Installed the coils about 4 years ago and to my observance it has always sat perfectly level. 4 months ago I installed new yokohama geolanders (315 75 R16, same size as last BFG set). After a wheeling trip to break in the new tires I noticed it began pulling to the left. I aired up all tires to matching PSI (32). Noticed it still pulled left and after I got it home I noticed it leans to the right (PS) by about 0.5 inches, full tank or not. Didn't pull to the left when I first got the tires. I am 95% sure that I installed the springs correctly 4 years ago. I checked the rubber seat on top of the coils and they still exist and are pliable. Removed shocks and they expand and do not appear to be blown. My interior weight is about as evenly distributed as it gets, nor am I hauling around anything 24/7 that's heavy enough to offset anything. I've searched around on mud and found many many leans to the left, but none to the right. Could the coils be sagging already? Could I have broken anything after wheeling to cause this? I'd like to fix this soon as both DS tires are wearing faster.

Last edited:
Sooooo many :banana: jokes...... must resist.....

that said did you install the proper coils on the proper side? One side is typically longer by an inch almost if I remember correctly.... it’s due to the weight of driver and tank.

Pull is not specific to braking?
also all those rubber bushings that hold the axle in place, how old are they and is there a chance wheeling took one or more out of commission?

Sooooo many :banana: jokes...... must resist.....

that said did you install the proper coils on the proper side? One side is typically longer by an inch almost if I remember correctly.... it’s due to the weight of driver and tank.
I believe the coils are installed correctly. Followed slee instructions and swapped for US 80 as per instruction. Although I can't really double check without removing the coils and measuring. They are not labeled "A & B" rather "851 X for both fronts & 860 X for both rears."

Pull is not specific to braking?
also all those rubber bushings that hold the axle in place, how old are they and is there a chance wheeling took one or more out of commission?
Pull is not specific to braking. Bushings are original and could be culprit, however they are all still there and don't appear to be chunking or loose.

I can see coils not sitting properly in their perches causing some lift, if the coils get twisted/turned during some hard articulation. that lift may throw the front to rear alignment off to also create a pull.

figure three is the image example of what i am thinking might not be in the right place. https://images.iconfigurators.app/pdf/I53006_REVA_9039.pdf

Have you had it aligned after tires or suspension? Banging around on the trails can get things out of alignment. .
Didn't pull left after suspension or tires. Pulled left after that one wheeling trip. I haven't gotten it aligned because I assume it leans and pulls from the same issue. I can't imagine it being out of alignment causing a lean as well. Although you're right, an alignment may be a good idea to at least check it off the list.
I can see coils not sitting properly in their perches causing some lift, if the coils get twisted/turned during some hard articulation. that lift may throw the front to rear alignment off to also create a pull.

figure three is the image example of what i am thinking might not be in the right place. https://images.iconfigurators.app/pdf/I53006_REVA_9039.pdf
Just checked, coils are seated where they should be.. was hoping that was the issue.

I believe the coils are installed correctly. Followed slee instructions and swapped for US 80 as per instruction. Although I can't really double check without removing the coils and measuring. They are not labeled "A & B" rather "851 X for both fronts & 860 X for both rears."

may money would be that they went in opposite to what they should be.... at least it sounds like it from what you’re describing.... maybe take it in to somewhere they can throw it up in a lift and pull the coils out fast to check...

may money would be that they went in opposite to what they should be.... at least it sounds like it from what you’re describing.... maybe take it in to somewhere they can throw it up in a lift and pull the coils out fast to check...
If I did install the tall coils on PS rather DS then it should be leaning to the left, since the right side would be taller. Mine leans to the right meaning left is taller, which cant be since the coils would be taller to compensate for the driver and fuel tank. I don't believe my left is taller than it should be, instead the right is shorter than it should be.

Aside from what was mentioned... Did you try swapping tires around and see if pull moves? I would try that, check brake temps, inspect all bushings, links, ends, and get it aligned.

I am not sure why i got distracted on the fact that you went wheeling, Can you make sure your tires have the same radius? Newer tires, just got flexed I wonder if something happened where there is internal separation etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom