For Sale land cruiser in Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any thoughts prior to looking at this rig?

1987 Toyota Land Cruiser [V8 Swap]

New to land cruisers, but spent a good amount of time with land rovers and did a few conversions.

Thanks,

cruiser.jpg

Cruiser 2.jpg

I find it hard to put a value on V8 swapped 60's. The devil is really in the details. I think the value would be here if the owner can prove the work was done properly/professionally (with receipts).

Personally, the poor paint and colour change is enough to throw me off. But my priorities are not likely aligned with yours.

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience with V8 swaps can chime in.

I find it hard to put a value on V8 swapped 60's. The devil is really in the details. I think the value would be here if the owner can prove the work was done properly/professionally (with receipts).

Personally, the poor paint and colour change is enough to throw me off. But my priorities are not likely aligned with yours.

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience with V8 swaps can chime in.

Hello and thank you for the input. I know swaps aren't for everyone and I agree with your assessment. New paint, unless documented or done by a reputable shop, is always a concern as well as it may be used to cover up cancer.

“Paint job is poorly done” phrases like this make me nervous. I start to wonder what the surface prep was and what it might be hiding. There was clearly a lot done to this machine and it looks like the swap is pretty clean. Really need to look things over in person and have a good long look at the chassis. I’d bring a small hammer and go tapping my away around the whole chassis to make sure the paint is not hiding anything there

I think its well worth a trip to look it over. I would find it hard to believe anyone would put the time, effort, and cost into it mechanically only to hide a rust issue behind a shoddy paint job. I agree that the main issue is making sure the swap was done competently. That would be a nice rig.

I've driven by this vehicle a few times and it has a pretty cool stance but do not like SOA lifts, just personal preference. I would be nervous about the "poor paint" and unknown issues with the swap. There is another swapped 60 on the Bend craigslist supposedly done by Torfab. If that is the case, the swap is legit, it is just priced high. Hope that helps!

I messaged back and forth with the owner a few times to see about a few questions as well. He definitely dissent really want anyone waste his time lol. A few red flags were he said the swap was done professionally, but then told me he re-did the harness himself etc which would leave me to believe it was partially professionally done etc. I would have had to shift to the east coast and he really didn't seem interested in working with me on that since I'd have to have a friend checkout out in person. If the 6.0 swap was done well, then I think it'd worthwhile if it's not rusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom